ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap Cossie anyone?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Inferno 182 Cup
That's a car that defines time warp.

Not sure I'd want the old spark plugs.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Crazy money, I'd take an Intergrale over the Cossie if we're taking old school rally reps though, the Lancia is such a special car to be in.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
Fantastic example. Even if I was loaded though I'd struggle to justify £77,800 to buy it.
That's an obscene amount of money.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Desirable big turbo model my arse, they changed the turbo to improve the driveability of the car as the larger one was slow to spool up hence laggy. That's the classic market for you I guess, worse = rarer = more desirable.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't see the point of these things.
He hasn't really made any money then.
Not everythings about making money.
He might have enjoyed it to look at and clean in his garage for all these years. It's just like money in a bank but with less risk, and now he gets to sell it and get his money back. Doubt he'll get 77k for it though.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't see the point in doing 2500 miles in 24 years and I bet the majority is servicing/mot.
Don't get me wrong, i'd love to have the money to just keep a car to look at but just seems pointless.

I'd hardly say buying a car in 1993 and hoping it will go up in value is no risk. There is no way at all to predict future values like that.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can't see the point in doing 2500 miles in 24 years and I bet the majority is servicing/mot.
Don't get me wrong, i'd love to have the money to just keep a car to look at but just seems pointless.
I do get what you're saying. Be more fun if you were in that mentality to just drive the car how it's meant to be driven and respray it, service it etc as you go along. Then you enjoy it more and it looks good.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My old man sold his big turbo EsCos for about 10k in 1999 [emoji23]

I adore the Cosworth, but I'd want to buy one I could actually use, rather than lock away to make a few pennies.

First I've heard about the water injection kit in the boot though - never knew that existed! Big turbo is wayyyy more desirable, to me at least.

Only 16 tanks in 24 years though, I bet the fuel has eaten away at a few things.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'd hardly say buying a car in 1993 and hoping it will go up in value is no risk. There is no way at all to predict future values like that.

Some people are weird and/or deluded, but it's their money to waste.

You see quite alot of these super low mile cars popping up (of various makes), but when you sit down and take into account original purchase price (+ finance?) and compound interest, 90% of the time whoever has been storing the car for 20 years hasn't made a bean and has basically just totally wasted their time.