ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap Manifold knocking fix

Trophy #473
I had a day off work yesterday so I though I would finally sort out the knocking I get on hard excelleration, normaly 1st and 2nd gear.

I suspected worn/broken engine mounts; so off came the top engine mount... perfect condition.

took off the upper GB mount... perfect condition.

Took off the dog bone... again, perfect condition. With the dog bone off I rocked the engine to see exactly where the Manifold flange touches the subframe. In case your interested it the bottom tip of the decat flage not the manifiold flange.

before I put the dog bone back on the car I got some sticky back 2.5mm rubber (My old mans company make gaskets) In short I packed out the spaces in the rubber to stop/reduce any movement (see red highlighted ares)

dogbone.jpg

Hope this helps anyone whos got the issue
Just to add, my car has done 97k on original mounts.

Nathan

The only problem with this fix is the mount is designed to give hence its desinged with a gap.

Not having the gap can overload other parts