ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap wheel refurb glasgow?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Best I can get is £45 per wheel. 2 x 15 inch and 2 x 16 inch.

It's for the other halfs car and they're gonna get wasted in a few months anyway so not after anything expensive. Anywhere cheaper? Can't be arsed doing it myself

Renault Clio RS Cup
That does seem cheap, I would enquire about the process they will follow.

I see some really bad work, that we repair or rectify after customers use the man in the van.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
So I'm unlikely to get cheaper? They're fairly basic wheels to refurb (5 spoke) nothing fancy

Renault Clio RS Cup
So I'm unlikely to get cheaper? They're fairly basic wheels to refurb (5 spoke) nothing fancy

Sometimes cheap isn't always best. The picture below is a customer who came to us after paying to a refurb, as you can see the colour chipped away and they proceeded to lacquer over the top anyway.

b82c68fb724996377726406d66b0102e.jpg

The lacquer was soft a week after they had been done, so unlikely they had been baked probably repaired without the tyre being removed.

To be sure you get a decent job, you want the repair to last.

Do they take the tyre off? Do they clean or strip the wheel(probably clean at £45 per wheel). Pre heat, colour and lacquer, before building and balancing the wheel once again.

Look at the process we follow at www.raderinternational.co.uk for guidance.

On a side note, we should have a centre in Scotland before the end of the year.

Best of luck, Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Aye mate about 4 times, i've seen people complain about them but i've never personally had problems - i wouldn't worry though of your missus is just going to caress more pavements lol

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Haha yeah she used to think that's how you got close to the kerb when parking - just run the wheels along it :/

Price list seems decent too. I'll probably go down and see if they'll sort me something without a receipt. Much cheapskate I am