ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheaper Car insurance best companies? club discounts?

Clio eunos clubman s
Not sure if this is in the right place but in currently trying to find the cheapest car insurance just wondering if anyone has any tips? For example

I'm 24 2 yrs no claims licence 3yrs Preston postcode 6kmiles

The car for example

172 90k £1200 unmodified

The cheapest I can find is £920

Any tips :)?

Clio eunos clubman s
@Typhoon good hope he can do the same for me if I can get it down to around £700 I'd be able to afford a much more reliable (at least on paper) 172 but will be thankful for any result :)

Clio eunos clubman s
I have no idea was first thing the woman said they don't insure under 25 :s maybe it's an area thing I didn't ask anymore sorry @DS197.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
IMG_1087.PNG
It was these guys?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'm with hastings and I'm 21 with 1NCD. £860 I think i paid. Always best ringing, its amazing how much they can knock off.

dan's cast offs.
my lad had a quote from brentacre, 1 years ncb, twingo 133 running low boost and other mods £1,600 :smile:

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'll try Hastings to :smile: @Louis' do u mind asking ur postcode does that affect it that much? @imprezaworks yeah pal maybe she just wasn't in mood to help lol.
I have two addresses down mate as I'm a student. YO and HD. Put named drivers down if you havn't. Lots of silly stuff reduces prices on the comparison sites! Higher mileage, driving in peak times, etc lowered my premium funnily enough! All my mods were declared too.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Try Adrian Flux . Better off ringing rather going online . 0800 085 5000
Your postcode can affect it massively if you're in a high risk area .
Rated A - F . A being good F is high risk .
PR Preston
1-2, 4 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . C
3 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . A
5-9 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . D *
http://www.motorcarinsuranceuk.co.uk/post-code-ratings.php#P

BG Clio 182
I went with flux and my clio is reasonably modified, saved a s**t load. I was 21 when I got it insured.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
(not having a dig at you for posting it) that site is a load of bollox!! years out of date, think we are upto about 50 groups now? according to them i live in an E area, nope, nice round here, big posh houses and nothing really happens.

think the main thing for grouping now is the average costs on claims on the model of car?
It was just an example of how your postcode can have a big effect on your car insurance. One of the biggest killers if there have been lots of claims, whiplash injuries / fraudulent claims etc for your area.

MartinL1993

ClioSport Moderator
Jumping on the thread but what companies are good with tracksays? And will having got trackday insurance in the past have affected quotes?

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

ClioSport Trader
  Renault 5
Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

Ford Mustang 5.0
Not sure if this is in the right place but in currently trying to find the cheapest car insurance just wondering if anyone has any tips? For example

I'm 24 2 yrs no claims licence 3yrs Preston postcode 6kmiles

The car for example

172 90k £1200 unmodified

The cheapest I can find is £920

Any tips :smile:?

Thanks for all the recommendations guys. Happy to help with a quote if you wanted to drop me a PM with your contact details i can get in touch personally and run the price through.

We have some great schemes for cliosport models that allow all types of modifications.

Kind Regards
Neil