ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest place to buy a DSLR

M

mij29

As above.

Had my fz30 little over a year now and i feel though i have out grown it so i'm looking for a Canon 400d or a Nikon thats around the same spec but the d80 is little out of my price range but the Canon maybe to small for my hands. Don't want a Sony and not sure if the Samsung is any good.
Any suggestions welcome.

I've been thinking about getting the D40x, Nikon are currently offering £60 cashback across the range.

Monaro VXR
Got mine from wilkinson cameras. In Bury gave me some discount on it over the shop prices so worked out cheaper than anywhere else. I paid £450 for the 400D with kit lens.

Lenses at wilkinson also seem slightly cheaper than elsewhere...can also usually haggle a bit off those as well.

Skoda
Have a look here:- http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/2007-05-what-camera.htm

I've got the D40x which is excellent.. The kit lens is very good too however I dont use it myself as I've got the 18-200 VR but this is mucho cash £500ish

With the cash back from Nikon its an excellent deal..

With regards to lens compatability if you dont already have a dslr then just buy the correct lens from now on!! The AFs lens' are compatable with all nikon AF cameras if you change in the future...

M

mij29

Thanks for the feedback guys, never thought about the power grip, good idea that.