ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chemical Guys

Hi,

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm a massive fan of Chemical Guys stuff, What are other peoples thoughts?

Got a few products already but just made another couple of orders. I quite new to the proper washing thing - but am quickly finding myself addicted to buying more products. I've limited myself to Chemical Guys stuff at the minute and want to see what results I'm gonna get using there stuff.

My plan for the weekend is as follows, (please feel free to correct me if its the wrong order)

Wash (chemical guys hardcore shampoo)
Dry (not using chamois - apparently they cause swirling??)
Clay (some new thing from chemical guys that replicates a clay bar)
Polish (All in one)
Seal (M Seal)
Wax (pete's 53)

Do I need to leave any time in between any of the above processes?

What are peoples thoughts on the above products??

Cheers

Mito Sportiva 135
Hi,

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm a massive fan of Chemical Guys stuff, What are other peoples thoughts?

Got a few products already but just made another couple of orders. I quite new to the proper washing thing - but am quickly finding myself addicted to buying more products. I've limited myself to Chemical Guys stuff at the minute and want to see what results I'm gonna get using there stuff.

My plan for the weekend is as follows, (please feel free to correct me if its the wrong order)

Wash (chemical guys hardcore shampoo)
Dry (not using chamois - apparently they cause swirling??) - get the Miracle Drying towel, its awesome.
Clay (some new thing from chemical guys that replicates a clay bar)
Polish (All in one) - Not used but I would go for a dedicated mild polish like Autoglym Super Resin Polish - the nation's favourite!
Seal (M Seal) - I initially quite liked it but its not very durable compared to what else is available and doesn't look amazing on darker colours. Its not as bad as some people make out though...I think Rich and Ali didn't rate it. Haven't used mine for well over a year though.
Wax (pete's 53) - again not used, it is meant to be ok from reviews but for a bit more you can get the 50/50 wax which I still rate highly.

Do I need to leave any time in between any of the above processes?

I would always leave some time between a sealant and wax, perhaps a day. Sometimes I find a wash in between works well too.

What are peoples thoughts on the above products??

Chemical Guys stuff is pretty good, but no point restricting yourself to one brand really, it pays to look around.

Cheers

106 GTi
Some CG bits I love some I hate.

M-Seal being one of them, looks washed out on Black and does not last.

Order of the process looks fine - get yourself a decent drying towel to replace the chamois, I really would get a decent sealant no point using one that does not last - a waste of time, effort and money IMO.

cheers for the comments mate.

So what brand / product do people recommend for each of the things below:-

Wash
Dry
Clay
Polish
Seal
Wax
Alloys
Tyres

Just interested to see if people mix and match.

Also can I just leave the car after I've sealed it, or should I wax it too?

Cheers

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Alot of David's stuff is there to cover an area of the detailing market. Although i think even he would admit he's got so many products it's hard to see the wood from the tree's.

I like CG's stuff, Use it dayin-dayout!

The citrus gloss shampoo, The miracle towel, some of the polsihes are good for overspray, etchings and more serious marks. The Glaze is a nice product although i swapped recently. The trim gel is about as good as i've used. The Blitz makes sealing a doddle and some of the Wax's are good for their price range!

Handiest thing is, he's just up the road from me! :)

i also liked M seal first time i used it, but it doesnt seem to last long. There must be better ones out there.

Pete's53 is ace, probably THE best wax i've used..

granted im not massively into it, but i've tried a fair few. Think i fancy looking into the Dodo range next

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
i also liked M seal first time i used it, but it doesnt seem to last long. There must be better ones out there.

granted im not massively into it, but i've tried a fair few. Think i fancy looking into the Dodo range next

try Bagg's ONYX! It's better than purple Haze, which is what i'd recommend to you for the Sexige!

Beginning to wish I never bought the M seal now :mad:

Hasn't even arrived yet - they do say if your not happy return it.

My car is flame red so maybe it'll be ok?

106 GTi
I always mix and match - never limit myself to one range.

Wash - Duragloss or Megs Shampoo Plus
Dry - Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towels or Pakshak Ultra Soft Drying Towel
Clay - Sonus Green or Meguiars
Polish - Light polish by hand ? - AG Super Resin
Seal - Jeffs Acyrlic Jett Trigger
Wax - Depending on Budget, base level - Swissvax Onyx
Alloys - AG SRP and EGP with Poorboys Wheel Sealant or Swissvax Autobahn
Tyres - Poorboys Bold and Bright or Blackfire Gel.

That blitz stuff? is that the spray one you lent me?

try Bagg's ONYX! It's better than purple Haze, which is what i'd recommend to you for the Sexige!

Yup! Lasts for ages. A bottle lasts a yr! And i've done alot of details!!!

Keep meaning to get a bottle of it, just ordered some stuff from CYC and forgot!

Didn't think he was all that impressed?! I fancy the Dodo soft/hard combo

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Beginning to wish I never bought the M seal now :mad:

Hasn't even arrived yet - they do say if your not happy return it.

My car is flame red so maybe it'll be ok?

My old 172, polish'd, glazed, seal'd and wax'd ALL with CG;'s stuff...The very last shot i had of the car before it was sold.

DSC01239-1.jpg

DSC01238.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Yup! Lasts for ages. A bottle lasts a yr! And i've done alot of details!!!

Keep meaning to get a bottle of it, just ordered some stuff from CYC and forgot!

Didn't think he was all that impressed?! I fancy the Dodo soft/hard combo

Dad's golf is still beadin well over 2months! And i'd consider ONYX to be a particularly soft wax!

Spk to 7Mat about the tester pots, See what you prefer. It's trial and error really and they all look VERY simialr...I judge the quality of it, by how easy it is to apply...

aye! almost doesnt look pink! :D

something easy on, easy off, cracking looks, and durability isnt too important, dont mind doing it once/twice a month

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
aye! almost doesnt look pink! :D

something easy on, easy off, cracking looks, and durability isnt too important, dont mind doing it once/twice a month

Agree'd! i actually like polishin my car! What a life i lead! ;)

Broken Diesel Megane :(

its awesome stuff, just havent managed to get a decent few coats down yet.

was incredibly easy on/of when me and ali did it, but when i used it at yours justin, it was about -4oC!! lol