ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

chester mini meet + drive

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Ohh and Ash was right about the village, (sorry Ash, my history was wrong!!). There used to be one under the lake, called Llanwddyn. They moved it to below the dam, that village we drove through to get there. Proper scary living under a dam for sure!!

Haha I was right I felt a right t**t when you said i was wrong I've told loads of people that story nice to know I was right. Still crazy that they did that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqMnoSrAMDM Bit of a video off my iPhone. Yeah the horse just wandered onto the road! Was quite funny really, that yellow v6 chap was with me, is he on here?

welldone makeing that vid how did you keep it still? What was your reply on youtube? and there not likeing the vid on v6clio.net said it was a road race. Sad

Had a great evening. Nice to see what people have done to there cars in the flesh. Roll on the next meet (and some dry roads)

Glad that you had a good 1st meet mate really nice to meet you.

wish I'd taken a camera now to get some more photos and Ive started think about the next one Ill let you all know soon.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Such a quaint old bridge that is.

yeah it's totally quaint, and quiet, that's why we went there, to be honest the place is up for sale so would make a perfect meeting ground...you can hear the roar of the v6 practically all way round the 13 miles of the lake, what a great home for any clio

Clio 172 "Ruby"
yeah it's totally quaint, and quiet, that's why we went there, to be honest the place is up for sale so would make a perfect meeting ground...you can hear the roar of the v6 practically all way round the 13 miles of the lake, what a great home for any clio

Completely agree you can hear all the cars the whole way round the Lake it's wicked. An what a beautiful part of the country to go aswell,

really taking a Clio there is the best place to test all the characteristics that make them a true sports hatchback, awesome

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Haha I was right I felt a right t**t when you said i was wrong I've told loads of people that story nice to know I was right. Still crazy that they did that.

welldone makeing that vid how did you keep it still? What was your reply on youtube? and there not likeing the vid on v6clio.net said it was a road race. Sad

I had a holder that attaches to my windscreen, its alright for a iphone, bit wabbly and noisey sometimes! lol. I think it was Simon in the yellow v6 that commented on the video, think he was pulling our leg?? As you see from the video though its far from flat out isnt it? Didnt go over 60 to 70 mph so I thought it was fine? Yeah I feel like a clown now for saying you were wrong!! Dohh!! lol, yeah I only thought they did that in Treweryn above Bala, but I was wrong! Sorry bout that! You doing the evo triangle next weekend?

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Haha I was right I felt a right tw*t when you said i was wrong I've told loads of people that story nice to know I was right. Still crazy that they did that.

I had a holder that attaches to my windscreen, its alright for a iphone, bit wabbly and noisey sometimes! lol. I think it was Simon in the yellow v6 that commented on the video, think he was pulling our leg?? As you see from the video though its far from flat out isnt it? Didnt go over 60 to 70 mph so I thought it was fine? Yeah I feel like a clown now for saying you were wrong!! Dohh!! lol, yeah I only thought they did that in Treweryn above Bala, but I was wrong! Sorry bout that! You doing the evo triangle next weekend?

dont worry about it when you said it wasnt that lake i just thought that who ever had told me was takeing the piss out of me. I didnt think it made us out to be chavs or were raceing but it seams that people might have taken it the wrong way. As but how fast you were going i dont think it looks like you were going fast not flat out by a long way.
O and the evo next week I carnt make it I have to work on saturday. Gutted it would have bin a good day out ive only done the evo once I think I need to try it again it was a bit wet last time and I would like to have alook around in that area. to see what else is about.

Last edited:
  172 cup RS2 - 330ci
dont worry about it when you said it wasnt that lake i just thought that who ever had told me was takeing the piss out of me. I didnt think it made us out to be chavs or were raceing but it seams that people might have taken it the wrong way. As but how fast you were going i dont think it looks like you were going fast not flat out by a long way.
O and the evo next week I carnt make it I have to work on saturday. Gutted it would have bin a good day out ive only done the evo once I think I need to try it again it was a bit wet last time and I would like to have alook around in that area. to see what else is about.

Ahh right, gutted. I live basically 5 mins from the Evo, so if I see em pass I might just tag along to there. See what the weathers like, or I might just go on my own one night. I hate the bit when your going down towards Pentrefoelas, some nasty corners there!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
no probs pal, think it was you in front of me in my video on youtube?

Ye that was me infront also with the random dive out the way on that corner lol I have even lost that vid I took off that corner :S

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
^^^ road race in that vid!! Them pussys must think pushing a shopping trolley round asda is f**king road race then lol tell them to grow some balls and come along to find out for themselves next time ;)

Clio 182
Ye that was me infront also with the random dive out the way on that corner lol I have even lost that vid I took off that corner :S

HaHa spotted you stop and pull out your phone so did try and lift a wheel but just managed to understeer all the way round. Fail :eek:

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
gutted ! I regret not recording the lap around the lake! It was epic :)

Epic videos FTW :) also maybe a bit more personal use after comments from the V6 forum lol
I'm gonna get one of them iPhone stands for next time they look good

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Epic videos FTW :) also maybe a bit more personal use after comments from the V6 forum lol

Yeah true, cant imagine they would like that vid! lol. Dunno why there complaining about that one though? I bought mine off ebay for a few quid, shame its not a little sturdier really!!

Clio 182
No probs mate. Some good pics and I am even i one or two.
Still gutted I could not do the lap but still a good day.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Yeah true, cant imagine they would like that vid! lol. Dunno why there complaining about that one though? I bought mine off ebay for a few quid, shame its not a little sturdier really!!

Bunch of old women must use V6 tbh lol prob complain urs is too loud on the vid with other boring remarks haha

I do try and take fair pics but lol at the really small CTR pic (I didn't mean to send it like that) above haha
I'm sure it won't be long before we go back so u won't have missed out (hopefully a really dry day as well)
Also need to make sure the sun ain't behind me next time when takin pics :S

Last edited:
  172 cup RS2 - 330ci
^^^^ lol, if its gonna create bother then I'll pull it off. Don't wanna upset anyone! Prob looks quicker due to the sound though. lol

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep

If we get a few of the stands mate maybe we could put them on to a dvd?

Mate I havent got a clue but each to there own.
so long as people have fun I dont care. I am sure if we had all gone in ariel atoms, caterhams or KTMx-bows they would have said that we were boy racers or raceing.

I am sure that we will go back in the summer mate its not like its that far and I think most people had a good time and would be up for it again.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Ye that only prob with the stands is the vibration and that noise :S I'm gonna buy one and do some tests to see if I can make it stable and sound proof 1st, then if it works it's deffo worth a go I think :)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
^^^^ lol, if its gonna create bother then I'll pull it off. Don't wanna upset anyone! Prob looks quicker due to the sound though. lol

Nar don't bother pullin it off no need, I think some people don't know what to do with themselves at night so get really picky and moan about stuff lol

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Ye that does look better I will just buy 1 see how it is and what I can do to make it better, they are only a few quid so it's all good if my gab hands break it lol

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Belkin do a good iPhone holder. Available in large Tesco stores. Cant remember how much but think approx £9.99. They rotate so they can be used horizontal or vertical.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Some impressive videos and photos. Sorry I couldn't come with you but it was nice to meet some of you before you all went off. Looking forward to next meet.

jaytekracing ph1 v6
yet again another ace day out, had a bit of a tour of the uk with rachel as my co driver lol but we got there in the end lol. next time i will use my sat nav that was in the glove to find my way home (got back at 1:30 am) but worth it to meet up every one that turned up for the drive to the lake.
thanks again to ash and rachel see you soon
jay

rb182 cup
yet again another ace day out, had a bit of a tour of the uk with rachel as my co driver lol but we got there in the end lol. next time i will use my sat nav that was in the glove to find my way home (got back at 1:30 am) but worth it to meet up every one that turned up for the drive to the lake.
thanks again to ash and rachel see you soon
jay
what u gonna be drivin at the next meet,now that you've sold the v6

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Cool just checkin to see how many use Facebook.

Don't go posting up ur names for adding and all that because some people might start taking the piss :S
I just wana see what sorta numbers use Facebook that come to the Chester meets.