ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cities: Skylines

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Anyone playing?

IMO it's 100000000x better than Sim City, it's pretty addictive - it's everything that SimCity should have been.

It would be incredibly sad of me to admit that I have watched literally hours of gameplay videos of this over the past few days. It looks amazing.
Keep being tempted to buy it, but know I'll just get frustrated and be s**t.

Listerine & Poledo
I saw LGR do a review on this last week (?).
Yep, looks superb, but he mentions that there's not as many tools for monitoring traffic / polution and stuff. Is that right? I like to make sure that my cities 'work', even if it is just in sandbox mode.

Does look lush though, I might have to stop playing Open TTD!

Yep been putting way too many hours into it. It's brilliant.

The amount of mods on the steam workshop is insane!

Here's one of my first big cities:

vIabOUP.png

On the 4th or so now, slowly getting better.

I'll get some pics of the other cities, they're much more impressive than that one, but that's 75k pop, huge areas in the distance, can't get it all in the screenshot!

But yeah, it's really really good - /r/CitiesSkylines is also very popular.

I think the only thing letting this game down is the name - it makes it sound like some cheap knock-off thing. Which saying that, I suppose it is in a way..

Listerine & Poledo
What kind of PC power does it need to run this? And I mean "run" not "8fps chug".
I think the only thing letting this game down is the name - it makes it sound like some cheap knock-off thing. Which saying that, I suppose it is in a way..
Yeah, but it does set it up for a number of expansion packs.
CIties Skyline GTR
Cities Skylines R33
Sities Scylynes JDM

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
It would be incredibly sad of me to admit that I have watched literally hours of gameplay videos of this over the past few days. It looks amazing.
Keep being tempted to buy it, but know I'll just get frustrated and be s**t.

It's £15 - nothing to lose ;)

I've been watching some videos this morning, it's so detailed.

I'm playing on my Macbook Retina, it plays fine however the fans go into panic mode. I'm very tempted to get a cheap gaming PC set up so I can play games like these with ease.

It's £15 - nothing to lose :wink:

I've been watching some videos this morning, it's so detailed.

I'm playing on my Macbook Retina, it plays fine however the fans go into panic mode. I'm very tempted to get a cheap gaming PC set up so I can play games like these with ease.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406629464

SSAA for even better graphics :smile:

Don't know if this can be viewed, but here's my mod list: http://steamcommunity.com/id/add1ct3d/myworkshopfiles?browsefilter=mysubscriptions&sortmethod=subscriptiondate&section=items&appid=255710&requiredtags[]=Mod (only ticked Mod as I have loads of buildings)

Some extremely useful ones:
* Dynamic Resolution as above
* Traffic Report Tool
* Extended Road Upgrade (switch between two/one way and visa versa)
* All spaces unlockable (allows you to unlock 25 squares, as opposed to 9!!!
* Tree Brush
* Auto save
* Automatic bulldoze
* First person camera

I'd say those are mostly essential, the rest are whatever you want.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406629464

SSAA for even better graphics :smile:

Don't know if this can be viewed, but here's my mod list: http://steamcommunity.com/id/add1ct3d/myworkshopfiles?browsefilter=mysubscriptions&sortmethod=subscriptiondate&section=items&appid=255710&requiredtags[]=Mod (only ticked Mod as I have loads of buildings)

Some extremely useful ones:
* Dynamic Resolution as above
* Traffic Report Tool
* Extended Road Upgrade (switch between two/one way and visa versa)
* All spaces unlockable (allows you to unlock 25 squares, as opposed to 9!!!
* Tree Brush
* Auto save
* Automatic bulldoze
* First person camera

I'd say those are mostly essential, the rest are whatever you want.

I've tried the Dynamic Resolution tool but it doesn't seem to do much for my MBP - fans go into overload, just had a warning saying the temperature is too high!

Bit annoying as I'm a little worried it's going to knacker something!

I've tried the Dynamic Resolution tool but it doesn't seem to do much for my MBP - fans go into overload, just had a warning saying the temperature is too high!

Bit annoying as I'm a little worried it's going to knacker something!

Haha it's much more intensive that's for sure, maybe worth keeping disabled xD.

Parky14

ClioSport Club Member
This is slightly vague so apologies in advance! Downloaded the game onto Steam, but keep receiving 'Failed to start the game (unknown error)' message'. I've followed the 'Failed to Start Game (Missing Executable)' instructions on the Steam website, but no luck. Any ideas or common issues you've heard? Thanks in advance

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
How's everyone getting on with this? There's some pretty good mods starting to come out now.

The level of detail is amazing in this game

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I'm loving this game! So much to do and constantly finding new things I hadn't noticed.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Will this run fine on an apple mackook air,? I'm on my easter break from uni, 1 day in and bored off my head.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Will this run fine on an apple mackook air,? I'm on my easter break from uni, 1 day in and bored off my head.
I'm running it on a rMBP and it runs fine. Haven't got all the graphics turned right up though. Gets very hot and eats battery though.

Listerine & Poledo
I almost don't want to unlock the treatment plant....the turdstream Ive got running off my cities' coastline, then around the coast of an island, is superb.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Holy thread revival...

This comes out on the Xbox One this Friday - anyone getting it?