ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning and re oiling KTR filter

BG Clio 182
Hi guys,

Got a KTR induction and filter.

Wanting to clean the filter but didn't fancy paying the 20 quid for their oil!

I bought a K&N recharge kit with cleaner and oil, I'm just wondering if this will be as good and safe on this filter?

Also, what's the best way to tackle it?

If a cotton filter should be fine with the recharge kit. I just spray the cleaning solution on and leave until nearly dry, then wash the filter in warm soapy water, leave to dry and re-oil. Always worked fine for me over the years.

Tip, if you need the filter dry sharpish then get a hairdryer in there on low heat, drys in minutes.

BG Clio 182
If a cotton filter should be fine with the recharge kit. I just spray the cleaning solution on and leave until nearly dry, then wash the filter in warm soapy water, leave to dry and re-oil. Always worked fine for me over the years.

Tip, if you need the filter dry sharpish then get a hairdryer in there on low heat, drys in minutes.
Yeah I aren't sure if it's a cotton filter mate, just the standard one you get with the ktec kit, just like a piper cross one? Like a foam?

You still think it'll work?

Yeah I aren't sure if it's a cotton filter mate, just the standard one you get with the ktec kit, just like a piper cross one? Like a foam?

You still think it'll work?
Not sure mate, as the recharge kit is for cotton gauze filters. I always thought the foam types where wash only and didn't need oiling.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Was told by ram air not too use the kn on their foam filters and they make ktec filters

BG Clio 182
So are we reckoning the k and n stuff be okay? It seems fine, it is only a light oil isn't it after all. Went on nice and feels nice so I presume it'll be absolutely fine.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
The pipercross filters are also made of foam where as the K&N ones are cotton but it should work fine... :smile: I've never had to clean any of the foam filters I've had in the past, just get an air line on them (but not too close as you can damage them) and blow off any dust etc trapped in the foam.