ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cleaning up the engine bay

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
I'm done looking at the ugly wiring under the bonnet and want to clean it up a bit.
Short of doing what @NorthloopCup did and remaking the whole loom i'd just like to reroute some stuff and add some less scruffy looking isolation.
Is there a good place to split the loom maybe and just work with the bit under the bonnet?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I had to do this when I fitted my RS2 inlet.
I stripped all the insulation tape off and all the plastic s**t, relocated the plugs I needed to and hid wiring like the injector loom underneath the rail, then just put random bits of tape around sections of loom so they didn't flop around and move them rewrapped the hole loom in the fabric loom tape. Looked so much better.
Haven't got any pics on this phone unfortunately other than this one
FullSizeRender 81.jpg

You can just make out the wiring for map sensor, injectors, throttle body, VVt sensor on top and the coil pack

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
No didn't remove plugs or anything. Just had the loom pulled over the passenger side wing and started rerouting the loom and hoses etc.

Got a picture of yours?