ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 16V project

Clio 172 Phase 2
Picture 009 no number plate.jpgPicture 011 no number plate.jpg

My clio 1.2. Got it back in march and gave it a really good clean up and full service. Only mods so far have been the 172 alloys, but hope to get a sport grill sorted soon :)

Any advise on any other mods?

Stagecoach Ticket
Looks nice mate!

30mm Drop on eibach sportlines
Colour Coded side strips/ smoothed colour coded bullets
Aero flat wipers
Civic type R or similar aerial
Fog Lights
Fresh plain number plates
RS grille as mentioned
colour coded mirror caps
Sport spoiler colour coded
smoothed clio badge if u can afford it

would be my route

J

Mk5 golf gti
colour code strips and rs grille
rs spoiler deffo needed
lowered slightly on springs
and the sport bumpers for sure :)

Clio 172 Phase 2
Cheers for the quick replies lol. I was defo thinkin bout goin down the colour coding route, would transform the car tonnes. Unsure on the lowering mostly due to the cost :p, but i'd love to give it a go. Do those smaller aerials cause any loss of signal, cause its already pretty hard for me to pick up stations as it is?

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
bugger buying another aerial, just cut your exhisting one by the stubby bit! Done it on the vee & the lil 1.2 :)

F56 MINI Cooper S
Lowered by 40mm on Apex springs. Kept to tidy/subtle mods, such as the Dynamique/sport rear spoiler, foglights, colour coded wing mirror covers, RS grille, calipers painted silver, grey badges etc.

Also, clear side repeaters and indicator bulbs, make such a difference.

Clio 172 Phase 2
To be honest I didn't notice them till you said lol, they do look well better though. Any idea where I could get some clear ones from?

F56 MINI Cooper S
Alot of the above mentioned is from the front and minor touches (apart from wheels and height) But as said, do make a difference.

Clear reps can be bought from ebay.

Clio 172 Phase 2
True, the little touches make them look a million times better.

Thanks, ill have a search for em now (Y) :D

1.2 Dynamique 16v
tidy car mate.

I got the same colour, this is how mine looks so far;

img00613201008011622.jpg

I've put some aero flats on now, and a short aerial.

Clio 172 Phase 2
tidy car mate.

I got the same colour, this is how mine looks so far;

I've put some aero flats on now, and a short aerial.

Niiiice, the 182 alloys really suit it good as well, I was really torn between which ones to get. Have you got any other pics of the front and rear colour coding?

Thanks for the comments guys (Y). http://www.cliosport.net/forum/member.php?46031-Harpham Harpham, that looks amazin, looks ok with the black alloys and black bumper bits. Might paint the calipers after seein that, any suggestions on a colour that would look good with the silver?
Thanks... I loved that car!!
Tbh, I didn't want to colour code me side strips, as I don't think that you'd be able to get a perfect match and quite liked how it broke up the silver (and matched my wheels lol)
I painted my callipers red... It's your best bet tbh!

Mods on mine were:
- tints :S (wouldnt have tints again)
- stainless exhaust system made by Longlife
- lowered around 60mm on vmaxx coilovers
- dynamique 15" alloys, sprayed anthracite
- dynamique/1*2 spoiler
- sprayed Renault diamonds and wing mirrors orange and orange 16v lettering on the bullets
- did have a sound system in there aswell, brap lol

It's a shame that my girlfriend now owns it :(

<3

F56 MINI Cooper S
RS Grille makes a HUGE difference IMO. When I put mine back to standard it stood out to me and looked shocking compared to the RS jobbie.

RS Grille makes a HUGE difference IMO. When I put mine back to standard it stood out to me and looked shocking compared to the RS jobbie.

Tbf though, it does make a difference. I just don't think it makes that much of a difference to warrant spending £50 on it. That money could go towards something that makes a massive difference like coilies etc.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Depends what route you go down I spose. For the price of coilovers you could get both RS Grille and 60mm springs, which you wouldnt want to go that much lower anyway (the average person wouldnt tell difference between say 60mm and 70mm).

But like I say, everyone mods their own way, which is cool.