ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.8 16v Electric Sunroof

Wol

Clio
I've had my new Valver for about 3 weeks now, everything is hunky dory(minus a 50p size of rust) except my sunroof. I know its a common problem but whats he best thing to do. The guy before me siliconed it up but its still leaking water like a collander.

Is the manual roof any better? What have people found to be the best way to solve the problem?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Very common problem mate :(

Mine did exactly the same at first. This is what i did:

1. The external plastic trim that goes around the sunroof on the roof, i prised the edge up and ran a bead of gutter sealant all the way round, then wiped the excess off leaving a nice seal all the way round.

2. Removed, cleaned and greased the external sealing strip. If you open the sunroof and look at the recess between the glass and plastic trim, get a flat screwdriver (be careful not to cut it!) and prise the thin strip out of the aperture, this strip is crucial to water tightness on the sunroof. I was going to replace it but Renault want £100 for a new one!!! Therefore i thoroughly cleaned it, greased it up and replaced.

The 2 above should sought it as these are the only places the water can get in.

Good luck :)

Just an afterthought, dont rule out the sealant around the aerial, as this is also a common area for water getting into the cabin. I removed mine and applied a layer of sealant. Dont tighten the aerial up to much as all this is push the sealant straight out of joint.

Skoda Fabia vRS
it will be coming in under the plastic outer frame that sits on the roof, especially the corners

Clio Rsi
yeah, def seal under the aerial as well! I did this on mine and stopped all the leaks! I think i must just have been lucky that it wasn't coming through the sunroof itself, as this is a known problem!

Wol

Clio
Thanks guys, lets just hope it doesnt rain at trax tomorrow cos i wont be sorting it until monday. lol