ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 misfire

Renault Clio 172
Hi guys,

I'm new to this community and these cars so any help would be greatly appreciated. The car idles a little lumpy but I've read a few other post with people stating that it can be normal to have the car idle like that. The car itself drove fine when I took it for a test drive and proceeded to drive fine for the journey home, and even a little while later. I shut the car off, fired her back up about an hour later and then the problem occurred.
It will accelerate fine under really light throttle, but as soon as you push a little further, the poor little thing sounds like a Subaru :( I've read things like coilpack, plugs leads and coils, but just wondered if anyone has a better incling into what it's more likely to be?
Like I say, any help would be greatly appreciated! The car in question is a Ph2 172.

Thanks in advance!

Renault Clio 172
Injector, plug, lead or coilpack.

My bet is on injector
Ah okay, I had briefly read through some posts about injectors. It just seemed a lot of people were dead set on it being all the above Cheers though! I'll look into it.
The car was sat for a while, off the road, would that contribute to my problem?