ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 2004 no start

Clio 182 cup
Hi Guys, I’ve got an issue with my Clio 182 2004. Trying to start and I’ve got a battery warning light and stop light. Trying to start and the starter motor is turning but no start. Battery is showing 12.6v on the multimeter and I’ve got an earth on the engine and bodywork. Thinking alternator but not sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Matt G

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Wont be the alternator causing non start.

If its cranking with no immobiliser light on then you need to check if fuel pump is working. Also is rpm needle moving when cranking as that gives you an indication that the tdc sensor is working

Clio 182 cup

If its cranking with no immobiliser light on then you need to check if fuel pump is working. Also is rpm needle moving when cranking as that gives you an indication that the tdc sensor is working
I’ll nip out now and check if the rpm needle is moving when cranking. Strange thing is this happened last week, I got the car recovered to a garage then it started first time. As soon as I drove it home and left it overnight it wouldn’t start again?

Clio 182 cup

Just checked and the rpm needle is not moving when trying to start. Immobiliser light is going off though.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
It could be tdc sensor related, need a scanner to see if rpm is registered.

Can you hear the fuel pump prime? It only does it on 2nd cycle of ign turned on

Clio 182 cup
It could be tdc sensor related, need a scanner to see if rpm is registered.

Can you hear the fuel pump prime? It only does it on 2nd cycle of ign turned on
Just went to start it again and it started first time. I can hear the fuel pump prime and I’m getting 15.5v off the battery when it’s running. No idea what’s going on