ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 cambelt

hi all im new to this forum, im looking at buying a clio 182 its only done 49k i spoke to the owner today and it hasnt had a cambelt change its a 55 reg so its over due one

I am going to be getting some prices tomorrow what parts should i be pricing up and where is the best places to get the parts from?

i am from chester so is there anybody local that fits them

Thanks for your help

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
hi all im new to this forum, im looking at buying a clio 182 its only done 49k i spoke to the owner today and it hasnt had a cambelt change its a 55 reg so its over due one

I am going to be getting some prices tomorrow what parts should i be pricing up and where is the best places to get the parts from?

i am from chester so is there anybody local that fits them

Thanks for your help

Any company on here i would have thought will only supply and fit a cam belt kit tbh, your best bet is to have a look whos nearest to you.

Scott

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
100% Birchdown dude. Nowhere else. Malpas is 15 mins from Chester I think. They charge what they should, if you get a quote cheaper elsewhere then they won't be doing it properly. Budget 450-500 approx + 170 if the dephaser pulley is worn (sounds like a diesel)

If you're in Chester there's absolutely no reason not to use Birchdown. Their reputation is impeccable. IMO even if they were dearer than other places it'd still be worth taking it to them just for the peace of mind that it had been done properly. As said, anyone who offers it significantly cheaper probably isn't doing it right.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
As above, i'm another Birchdown user, ask them about borrowing their van for the day to as you'll need to leave the car there.

But seriously don't go to Renault. Which one did you phone, i'm impressed they even knew what a 182 was.

Any links to the advert? I'm sure CS will spot any other potential problems with it as that cambelt is well overdue.