ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182: De-cat pipe, general advice please

Clio 182 2004
Hi guys!

Long time no speak. I've been really busy in the last year and haven't had any time to think about the clio at all.

My OE exhaust finally rotted, so I fitted a K-Tek stainless exhaust(I think that was the name). All is now very well.

It came with a de-cat pipe, but I haven't installed it.

Except for the exhaust, the car is completely standard.

I was thinking about fitting the de-cat pipe, could you please let me know your thoughts on the following points:
1) I know it will fail an MOT on emission with a de-cat, but that's Ok as I have a friendly MOT'er who doesn't mind emissions fails.
2) Should I fit the o2 sensors or bung the holes up and remove have sensors?
3) I presume that the lack of cat will confuse the O2 sensors and flag a MIL engine light? This doesn't bother me if it does anyway.
4) This is the important question: will the confused O2 sensors trip the ECU and make the engine run badly? E.g. without the o2 sensors reading properly, then how will the ECU maintain a 15:1 fuel mix on cruise? As I understand it, cars use the O2 sensors to maintain the cruise mixture. Will it trip the engine into Safe Mode and cause that type of problem? Are there any other problems that I have over-looked.

Thanks for you help guys!

Jon Terrell

dan's cast offs.
pre cat deals with fuelling so will run fine, will bring a light on for post cat/cat efficiency but this can be hit and miss. some bring a light on straight away but clear it and it can take months to come back on.

monaco 172
Fit it and enjoy the extra noise.

Unplug and fit a bolt in place of the rear lambda, or fit the rear lambda. Either way the chances are you will get the elm light

After I remapped with rs tuner I never saw the light again. But before that it would come on every now and again

Megane R26
I fitted a Decat to my cat back system and have had it for about a month.

Eml came on for about a week, disappeared again a couple of days ago.

I still have both Lamda sensors.

Actually really freed up the top end in my 182 and the noise is more raspy than boomy or droney, no louder when I cruise gently.

Get it on