ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 radiator fan not kicking in

Clio sport 182
Evening all just wondering if anyone could help as title says fan isn't kicking in I've checked and changed all fuses and relays the fan works because when I was take in the purple relay out the cover came of it and when I press the plate inside the relay the fan works on a fast speed? Also my car can idle for a long time and the temperature gauge goes just above half way any help would be appreciated also I've changed cts and thermostat

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
How do you know the fan doesn't kick in? Does your car overheat?
I think you'll need to run the car @ 2500rpm for 20 mins or so to get the fan to kick in, IIRC :up:.

Clio sport 182
Thanks for reply its never over heated but I can leave it running for well over 30 mins and gauge sits at halfway I've never heard it kick in

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
When I changed my coolant, I had to keep it at between 2000 - 2500rpm for a good 20mins before the fan kicked in. Neighbours weren't overly happy :smile:. Ticking over wasn't enough.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
As has been said, you'll be waiting a long, long time for the fans to kick in.

If it's bled correctly, level is correct etc then I wouldn't worry.