ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 -weekend track toy just purchased

Clio 182 FF
Hi All - thought I'd introduce myself. I've been lurking for a few weeks now, reading up on some of the threads and its good to see a wealth of knowledge on here that I know will come in usefull. I'm farily handy with a spanner, but know nothing about clio's and hadnt even sat in one until about 2 weeks ago, where I drove a standard 182 that was a bit leggy and tired !

I've just bought a Clio 182 - from the foresale section on here from @matty1995

I know the car has some history around the forum - and has no doubt been driven hard- just as it should be, but thankfully for me has the right bits and peices on it already and has been looked after well, serviced regularly and apart from a few minor issues - (oil leaks and a clunky damper) appears to be a good example.

Intention / reason for purchase is for some good cheap track day fun, plus the odd weekend out playing around the twisties.

I used to compete in National hotrods (stock cars) - before work and kids took all of my time and I've been toying with the idea of competing again, however think it will take too much time and cash - so a few weekends on track was a happy compromise.

I've recently been around Europe taking in the Ring and the GP Circuit in my 14 reg Audi S3 (just sold) and really enjoyed the track, but the thought of loonies in the E36 BMW's wiping me out and writing off £30k's worth of car didnt make it enjoyable. Hence the reasoning for looking for something for track. I looked at allsorts and always ended up back at the Clio's as good clean farily inexpensive fun.

@matty1995 's came up locally to me - so a deal was done.

Pretty much last track day of the season is at Croft on the 5th Dec - so hopefully take it for its first outing. I'll use this to get a feel / iron out any "improvements" or issues and then do a bit of a refresh over the winter ready for the season to start again next year.

Hopefully start a bit of a build thread and join in a bit rather than be a lurker !