ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 with 225 engine/box/ecu

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
Well did donington on Monday but it was a wash out raining all day so couldn't push too hard. I only had 2 decent wet tyres so back end was a bit twitchy! also have no heaters and window was steaming up for fun so need to address that. fixed it a bit with a airbed pump from camping lol

a vid from the day, its on face book so not sure if it will work

some pics, with the new tow car and camping

View attachment 11988259_10153656973558278_6443665114979809897_n_zpsb6prpjyr.jpg

View attachment IMG_3214_zpsc3vnotmi.jpg

View attachment IMG_3215_zpsp4jaknxz.jpg

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
attachment.php
Took the plunge and purchased our own Laser tracking gauges and wireless corner weight scales.

Setup the clio suspension on our own for the first time before oulton for a test.

weighed the clio at 1037KG with half a tank of fuel so not bad with the turbo engine in there. corner weighted it best we could for now

IMG_5575_zpse65twgme.jpg

Finally time for a dry trackday did oulton park on the 11th of November to try and test handling brakes and new power. car certainly goes very well now and is fast enough with the power to weight! It really needs a diff putting in now so will decide on that over winter.

Brakes again weren't on the ball. after speaking to my brake man we are going to try a set of new calipers mine are 10 years old now. More importantly he's help me diagnose we don't have a one way valve in the servo so could be pressureing the brake servo! hopefully this is why the brakes aren't up to much with any luck!

Few pics from the day and I have some videos still to upload

attachment.php

attachment.php

We are due at oulton park again Friday 11/12/2015 hopefully with it stopping a bit better!

This is the last trackday then and we are then installing a full weld in custom cages cage, and hopefully some sort of diff!

turbo 182
You aren't boiling your brake fluid with the heat from the turbo are you? I think I'm having this issue with mine?

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
don't think so, pedal is firm its just not stopping! have boiled it in the past and lost the pedal

have you installed a 1 way valve?

turbo 182
No not as far as I'm aware, are you still running the clio brake lines and master cylinder? I'm on megane 4 pots with a 197 master cylinder pedal is good untill 10 mins on track and I start to get a poor pedal starts feeling spongey, I'm running ds1.11 pads aswell and fresh brake fluid

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
im running standard clio calipers with HC discs and carbotech XP10 racing pads have the XP8's on my evo and they are superb! but the clio just isn't stopping

going to change the calipers tonight and fit the one way valve before Friday hopefully sort it out, will let you know

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
looks to go really well with enough power, going over your thread it seems not to difficult to fit the 225 eng/box, is it a case of some home made engine mounts, custom exhaust, move brake lines, get shafts built?
only thing is the wiring loom, was it a nightmare to do, iafter watching your videos this seems a good route to go down if i could find a complete 225

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
the car goes well enough now yes wouldn't really want/need any more power. A diff is next on the list as I cant always use the power

The conversion is not as easy as it probably looks on here but if you handy with a welder etc its nothing that cant be done. The only things we had done were the custom driveshafts and the exhaust.

Wiring is the tricky one the megane is very fussy and wants to see everything megane related for it to be happy. I did the megane loom myself and i work in IT so it is possible. A mate then wired the car for things like indicators/hazards etc as we had pulled the full loom out.

Touch wood nothing has failed as such the car has done a good 6-7 trackdays this year, doesn't use any oil/water just struggling with brakes still.

Did oulton park yesterday and the car was flying, still having brake issues so having to brake early but was overtaking quite a few yesterday. will upload the vids at some point when i get a min

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
Few pics from oulton park last week:

View attachment 12374932_10156399730595201_4558390928555513108_o.jpg

View attachment 12375082_10156399731265201_5698056108586611753_o.jpg
View attachment 892723_10156399730760201_6528742406150767205_o.jpg

That's it for this year, car is now in the unit and has been swapped off the trailer with the other reason I don't have a big budget for this car, Low mile Evo 9 GT
Engine box coming out of the clio to have a gripper diff fitted and a full weld in roll cage is being fitted and a good general check from the past year, apart from some handling/braking issues the car has done better than expected!

View attachment IMG_3507_zpsktmitt3x.jpg

View attachment IMG_3506_zpshapfyijb.jpg

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
winter update:
over the winter we have removed engine and box to fit a gripper diff and give it all a check over after a year of track use. one of the rear engine mounts we have used has started to give in a bit so will be uprating that a bit and a CV boot has given in. but apart from that Gripper diff is in place in the gearbox and about to be all put back together next week

IMG_3515_zpszdrvamj4.jpg

IMG_3522_zpsmgble6wl.jpg

IMG_3523_zpszgidchmc.jpg

IMG_3518_zpssdu1rf86.jpg

IMG_3519_zpsw15rxvo8.jpg

We have also stripped the full car and fitted the roll cage, mammoth job and big thanks to Mr H for spending every Tuesday in the clio welding! a few more bits to finish off but 95%in and welded in!

IMG_3549_zpsobl8b1nb.jpg

IMG_3572_zps099hzlwd.jpg

going to give it a quick freshen up inside and start bolting it all back together. hopefully back out in march some time

Did oulton park last week but not one to miss a trackday did it in the evo, totally different on track to the clio but went well!

few pics

24172219634_4dfdf7ab7c_o_zpsqaash2ln.jpg

24441618649_bbc9a16504_o_zpsqazlctua.jpg

24682536492_23b5143117_o_zpsz7xaykdr.jpg

24683902052_52d25b1ab9_o_zpsveyzs0nl.jpg

Megane I 2,0 16v
IMG_3208_zpseaffd92v.jpg

We are booked on Donington for Bank holiday Monday so shall see how the brakes go then. Will have to brake them in on track sadly as I cant use the car on the road. Will look at some ducting soon also, but these pads to require heat to keep them at their best so we shall see!

Car is also booked in to have a remap at RS Tuning on the 26th of September, not sure what sort of power levels it will rise too but we shall see!
the 280 disks has cooling from the outside and thats no good, so we did this.. never faded the brakes but pads has been so warm that the springs on the pads lost tension
DSC00006(1).JPG
DSC00005.JPG

Reactions: Gus

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
hope to get it back together next week, cage is finished just needs a good painting inside. awaiting a single mass flywheel clutch then engines back in.

hope to get out in march sometime so can report back then!

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
clutch has just arrived I think, shall unpack and check. That will be fitted probably next Tuesday now

you can still drive with tonsillitis lol, prob wont be back at oulton till the end of the year now :(

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
clutch has just arrived I think, shall unpack and check. That will be fitted probably next Tuesday now

you can still drive with tonsillitis lol, prob wont be back at oulton till the end of the year now :(
That's a long way off. And yeah I can but I couldn't talk or eat so I just wanted to sleep lol.

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
will be Cadwell next possibly in march if can get it all back together for then!

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
yea, adjuster is next to handbrake its wrapped up in that pic. its a 406 master cylinder I think from memory but yes ABS has long gone!

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
Engine is fitted again and running once again, now has single mass R26R flywheel/clutch setup and a Gripper diff so looking forward to testing that.

Cage is done all in and painted up seat/harness fitted just a few more bits to finish off and she's ready. Car is painted a non metallic Anthracite and the cage is our oldham ringer blue t o match the rest of the car.

think some brembos will be going on too.

some pics

IMG_3735_zps4fe6ihoy.jpg

IMG_3736_zpstuf5mdrh.jpg

IMG_3737_zpstgblpycr.jpg

IMG_3738_zpsqj4d6bnl.jpg

IMG_3739_zpsweuzhxlo.jpg

This looks awesome, something I will be attempting in mine this year I think but not 100% thats the direction I'm gonna go for yet.

What pedal box are you using?
And is the interior loom completely custom now? so just the Megane ecu running the engine?

As these are the bits I'm unsure of currently

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
pedal box is a mix of clio/megane welded together
loom the full clio one has gone, we now run full megane ECU UCH and a custom separate loom for the likes of indicators lights wipers etc

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
sorry to sound like a noob but I haven't a clue what CSF is lol