ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 with P0303

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Hi, i know this has been posted before but couldn't see any recent advice/posts so apologies.

I have an 04 Clio 182 which has started to Flag a P0303 fault but only when it starts up or sat in traffic. Did it a few times before i got an OBDII reader. It clears though as soon as the car gets moving. (circa 30 seconds or so)

After reading posts on here and watching youtube videos I've changed out the plugs and leads. Thought i was on a winner as i found that the garage who fitted them the other year had squashed 2 of them, one so much that it had split. Put it all back together and started ok but then flagged P0300. When i put the manifold back on i'd only done it to 10Nm after reading they are easy to strip the threads. Any way i torqued to 12.5Nm which cleared the P0300 fault but i'm now back to the P0303.

Sorry, long winded way to ask what should i do next.
1) Coil Pack
2) Injectors (not really confident doing these)
3) mechanic

Thanks

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
I've had a listen to the injectors (with a screw driver) and can hear them all clicking. could one still be duff?

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Thanks. My fried came round and we swapped out the coil pack for his (also a 182). No change though. Still P0303 so looks like the injector is next. Has any one posted a video or pictures of how to do it? am i best off swapping No.3 and No.2 around and seeing if the fault moves? Currently have injector cleaner in the car so trying that initially

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Ok thanks. I'm not a full member so can't see them.

As a side note I've been struggling to see what the fuel rail guard was on my car. Since realised i don't have one. Always had garages do work on the Clio up until now and it appears one of them has sheared off one of the guards mounting bolts and not bothered refitting the guard. luckily i was able to undo the remaining part so have now ordered a bolt and guard from a well known auction site. Any idea what size flange nut i will need?

Thanks for all the advice.