ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 220 Trophy remap results

Clio 220 Trophy 1051
Up until now nobody has been able to crack the ecu to remap a new trophy but this firm have done it now, so it will be common place soon enough.
https://www.br-performance.nl/nl-nl...-clio-4-ph1-10-2012-2016/7047-rs-trophy-1-6t/
Results on an other wise factory standard car
252 bhp
320 nm torque
Apparently they are already working on a stage 2 incorporating a bigger intercooler and breathing mods, no power figures for this yet but I expect it to be making about the same power as the Clio RS 16 that everyone was so excited about, but that failed to materialise.
nice to see the torque is still only moderate imo, thinking of traction and the drive train, although there are some clio 200 edc running much more torque than this for some time with no problems so no drive train concerns really.
The Trophy Is already a very quick car, with a remap it will be sensational !.
Feel sorry for all them Fiesta St owners, when you consider the price of the mr230 kit and you still only end up with 225 bhp ...ouch.

David

Clio 220 Trophy 1051
fair enough we all look for different things in a car, personally i found the Trophy more capable than the Fiesta and it felt more special, maybe not quite as much fun ultimately.

I don't really understand the Gearbox thing, I loved the Trophy gearbox instantly, after going up through the gears flat out just once I was hooked, changes in less than 1 tenth of a second, so quick you cant even feel them, and accompanied by great exhaust cracks and bangs.....to me it makes a manual change just feel slow and old fashioned, I realise many people don't agree though and thats fine.
David

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I personally like to feel gear changes so if as you say, you cant feel it, I would find that boring.
Bet it sounds nice though.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Another mate of mine owns a 182 atm went to buy a 220edc he didnt his words "its no good if you just wanna go out for a good HOON" sticking to 182

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Another mate of mine owns a 182 atm went to buy a 220edc he didnt his words "its no good if you just wanna go out for a good HOON" sticking to 182

I can verify that, hoonin, in a trophy 220 will result in a 182 being left behind, this car was built by Renaultsport to Hoon.

Clio 220 Trophy 1051
The maps on the 200edc are very unproven i one i knew made 1hp increse after map lmfao
I guess that depends who you use to remap your car,
I can verify that, hoonin, in a trophy 220 will result in a 182 being left behind, this car was built by Renaultsport to Hoon.
yes I agree, the 182 would go backwards very quickly, but I think he is saying the 182 feels more fun when your in the mood, again that's a personal thing though, depending on the individual and what he calls fun, there is not one sweeping statement that everyone could agree on.

Clio 182
Feel bad for st owners! Small hot hatches are not about hp numbers, everyone knows that, im a hude renault sport guy, and ultimately gave in and accepted the st is better, so i bought one and love it, dosent fell faster but i dont care, theyr everywhere for a reason, but like many said before if the clio was a manual, different story, but for now as it stands clio has no change in my books

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I think the whole clio vs fiesta thing has been done to death by now.

There doesn't really seem to be much room for improvement with the 1.6t in the clios - IIRC they've had to use a different turbo just to get 20bhp stock for stock!

I don't really agree that 320Nm is a level of torque where you really have to start worrying about traction IMO, but the drivetrain is something I really wouldn't want to break so that's a good reason to keep it down.

Clio 182

There doesn't really seem to be much room for improvement with the 1.6t in the clios - IIRC they've had to use a different turbo just to get 20bhp stock for stock!

I don't really agree that 320Nm is a level of torque where you really have to start worrying about traction IMO, but the drivetrain is something I really wouldn't want to break so that's a good reason to keep it down.
Correct! But felling bad for st owners is just silly in my opinion, when u consider all reviews out there!! I love both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 220 Trophy 1051
Feel bad for st owners! Small hot hatches are not about hp numbers, everyone knows that, im a hude renault sport guy, and ultimately gave in and accepted the st is better, so i bought one and love it, dosent fell faster but i dont care, theyr everywhere for a reason, but like many said before if the clio was a manual, different story, but for now as it stands clio has no change in my books

The ST Is not better in every area, but it is cheaper and it is great fun, and its manual if you must have that.
If those are your priorities then yes its better, and obviously many people feel that way, that's why they are so common.

The trophy is faster in a straight line, infact its faster everywhere, into corners, through them and it has far better traction out of them too, its much quicker from a to b or around a lap, its a more serious machine developed for track fun, look at the size of the brakes, the kind of tyres, the aero under the car, its all in another league compared to the ST, even the new st 200 cant get anywhere near the Trophy around a lap.
The Trophy Is also much more modern inside, as if that matters to hot hatch drivers!.
These are more my priorities so to me the Trophy Is the better car, the fact its more money doesnt bother me because I feel its worth it.

You say small hot hatches aren't about bhp numbers, why are most ST remapped then ?, just a guess, but id say most are remapped because the owner wants more power and more performance.

Clio 220 Trophy 1051

the turbo isn't the only engine change to make the extra 20hp and the turbo is only very slightly different, it also has a free flowing exhaust compared to the 200 edc and a redesigned induction set up.
You can easily get more than 220 bhp by remapping a 200 edc, so I think the engines have good tuning potential, the graph in the link shows over 250 hp on the trophy, is that not good for a 1.6 with no other mods ?

Clio 182
The ST Is not better in every area, but it is cheaper and it is great fun, and its manual if you must have that.
If those are your priorities then yes its better, and obviously many people feel that way, that's why they are so common.

The trophy is faster in a straight line, infact its faster everywhere, into corners, through them and it has far better traction out of them too, its much quicker from a to b or around a lap, its a more serious machine developed for track fun, look at the size of the brakes, the kind of tyres, the aero under the car, its all in another league compared to the ST, even the new st 200 cant get anywhere near the Trophy around a lap.
The Trophy Is also much more modern inside, as if that matters to hot hatch drivers!.
These are more my priorities so to me the Trophy Is the better car, the fact its more money doesnt bother me because I feel its worth it.

You say small hot hatches aren't about bhp numbers, why are most ST remapped then ?, just a guess, but id say most are remapped because the owner wants more power and more performance.
I understand what you mean! But to me quality is vw not renault, big hp would be megane, best small modern hot hatch is the st to me, no one buys renault expecting quality, but they are getting alot better, everyone maps theys turbo cars its common, but sometimes it ruins the car, mp215 dosent void warranty so why not, and dosent ruin the car, BUT if i wanted more power, alot more, like i said no fiesta or clio would be on list, i admire clios hence why im still on this site, and i love the ford aftermarket scene, so big compare to renos, been driving renos for 4 years straigh... puma speed have a high 300 hp fezza on standard internals!! And a stage 2 is 245hp on stock turbo, if i dont wanna change car in two years, but want abit more poke, PLENTY of choice on fords, its unbelievable, bought and never looked back, btw i was going to buy a 250 rs, decided 180 hp was enough and will be for a good time, enjoy the clio bud, no hate

Clio 220 Trophy 1051
Correct! But felling bad for st owners is just silly in my opinion, when u consider all reviews out there!! I love both

feeling bad for St owners was just a joke in my first post, don't take it seriously, I was relating solely to the fiestas poor tuning potential, I don't feel bad for them, they all drive a great car, I know exactly how good they are, I had 2 extended test drives and came within an inch of signing on the dotted line for one myself.

Clio 182
feeling bad for St owners was just a joke in my first post, don't take it seriously, I was relating solely to the fiestas poor tuning potential, I don't feel bad for them, they all drive a great car, I know exactly how good they are, I had 2 extended test drives and came within an inch of signing on the dotted line for one myself.
You would not regret it, power potential is amazing!!! Plenty 300 on youtube bud, with bigger turbo, breathing mods and map, would not go that far, but some people really like sleepers, they have a 1l eco boost
at over 200!!! 1LITRE OMG. Insane

Clio 220 Trophy 1051
Depends me mates 172 cup beat a 200t over 1/4 mile
that means nothing with out times and most importantly terminal speeds, Ive beaten all sorts of more powerful cars at santa pod, but you could still tell they had quicker cars because their terminal speeds were higher.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
that means nothing with out times and most importantly terminal speeds, Ive beaten all sorts of more powerful cars at santa pod, but you could still tell they had quicker cars because their terminal speeds were higher.
Not saying that there quicker over all just saying lol i rate the edc mate. Most cars beat my vag clio because im a s**t driver lol ive been beat by a 182 yet mines 300hp hahha

Clio 220 Trophy 1051
Not saying that there quicker over all just saying lol i rate the edc mate. Most cars beat my vag clio because im a s**t driver lol ive been beat by a 182 yet mines 300hp hahha

what vag engine you running, I had a 1.8t transplant into an mgzs 180, running 301 bhp and 340 ftlb, car was under a ton with roll cage etc, was very very quick

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
what vag engine you running, I had a 1.8t transplant into an mgzs 180, running 301 bhp and 340 ftlb, car was under a ton with roll cage etc, was very very quick
1.8t mate i would say its more FAST than quick from 60 on it will beat alot of cars. The one thing about the edc is even if uts not as fast it changes gear silly quick so a manual loses time there

d6d60c2356fd0330218cb36e114f0c60.jpg

Clio 220 Trophy 1051
1.8t mate i would say its more FAST than quick from 60 on it will beat alot of cars. The one thing about the edc is even if uts not as fast it changes gear silly quick so a manual loses time there

d6d60c2356fd0330218cb36e114f0c60.jpg

hah brilliant, mine was fitted by Reyland motorsport at Birmingham, had custom 3 inch turbo back exhaust, back draft hybrid turbo etc.
heres mine, was a track toy.

BG Clio 182
I would agree the edc probably is quicker. I wonder if round a tight track the 182 would be quicker? I think it personally would be.

You also have to rememeber the price of the edc compared to a 182 lol