ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio boot light & interior light?

Clio MK2 1.2 Dynamic
Just bought a Clio MK2 02 plate and i want to put all xenon bulbs all round it, i have all the head lights and fog lights :)

Was just wondering what size is the; Rear boot light, inside the boot light & interior bulb?

Thanks if anybody gets back to me :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Can't remember the numberplate light offhand, but the interior boot light is a 38mm festoon.

Interior bulb type is different for different light units IIRC (with/without maplight)

Oh, and you'll either need two bulbs or a bridge rectifier if you want to convert the interior light to LED.

Clio MK2 1.2 Dynamic
Thanks Boosh!

Yeah i thought it was a 38mm festoon bulb :) - Just need to find the number plate bulb size.

So is it possible to change the map light to an LED?

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Thanks Boosh!

Yeah i thought it was a 38mm festoon bulb :) - Just need to find the number plate bulb size.

So is it possible to change the map light to an LED?
I found the number plate bulb off amazon i think it was? Best way is to open it up and inspect it yourself!
Dunno why i'm replying you probably ain't even using this anymore!

Iceberg Clio 172
I just put LEDs in the interior light - the map light works fine but the interior light is on constantly but really dim (when the switch is in the off position) when I switch to map light it goes out. Any ideas why this is? It doesn't do it with normal bulbs.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It's normal, the LED needs a lot less power to turn on. I'd just leave it, you could wire a resistor in but you'd loose brightness when it's on.