ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk1 worth anything to anyone?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
My girlfriends dad has a white clio mk1 automatic. It's nothing special, but really low mileage of about 20k? If that?
He's not owned it long and is just thinking of scrapping it as apparently the gearbox has 'gone' although it will still select and drive in reverse.
I don't really know much about these at all, and I understand it's not a williams or anything like that but didn't know if it's worth saving or worth more than scrap value to someone on here? I believe there's no rust on it anywhere as it had just been dry stored for years. The panels worth it to someone when restoring something else? Would it be an easy fix?

I don't really know the full story on the car to be honest but will need to speak to him myself to find out more.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
If it has no rust and is generally in good nick it'll be worth more than scrap value for the chassis alone, is it a 2 door?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure it's a 2dr but I can't remember now! I'm happy to get more information and shove it on here if anyones interested but i'm not sure how quick he wants it gone.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
It's a shame it's not driveable. It's almost worthless to most people but someone will want it, please don't let him scrap it. If he was close to me I'd have it for sure!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
It's a shame it's not driveable. It's almost worthless to most people but someone will want it, please don't let him scrap it. If he was close to me I'd have it for sure!
Yeah, Not sure on the full story! He's at work right now but will get a hold of him later. Would it be something to do with the clutch plate if it's not selecting a forward gear? It's just recently had the immobiliser removed from it as there were problems with it not starting.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
If I was you i'd take some decent photos of it and stick it in the for sale section, Mk1 2 doors sell because people make track cars out of them, you'll certainly get more than scrap value for it.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
The auto boxes on them are made of very soft cheese, it's the shell that's worth the money if it's rust free and 3 door. It's ripe for an engine conversion.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'll let you all know. I'm tempted as a fun project now but then i'd have 3 broken cars...

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Just spoken to him now and as it was towed to a garage, they're just scrapping it and writing off any debt owed for towing/looking at the car. Seems a shame but it is what it is I guess! He doesn't want any hassle with it. Was a 5dr too i've just confirmed so maybe worth slightly less anyway.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
That's a shame, my cousin owns removemycar.co.uk, he'd have someone take it away for free and probably got it back on the road, ah well nevermind.