ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio mk3 1.5 dci dynamique 106 S power gains

Clio mk3 1.5 dCi
Looking to upgrade the hp on my 1.5 dci, anyone know what's the max you can get? want it to be a little sleeper

cheers

Clio 197
Not trying to come across as an arsehole but a diesel clio will never be a sleeper. I'm guessing you could probably get 20/30 bhp more with a remap and supporting mods but that's it. Save up and buy something better like I did would be my advice

Listerine & Poledo
You can upgrade it enough to be able to keep pace with sales reps, but you're not going to be holding off even a 330 BMW, or a Civic R, or 172.
After a simple remap & filter, though, the gains-per-£ drop sharply.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
not worth spending any more than a remap. Ive used Superchips Bluefin on my last 3, good gains, reliable, do it yourself with the touch of a button. 106's shift when you change the mapping on them and unleash the extra torque, especially about town! as with tuned diesels though they always feel faster than they are.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
As said, it's not worth the bother.

Sleepers are for losers anyway, nobody is impressed by them. Street racing, or trying desperately hard to "surprise" someone with your unexpectedly fast car is a little tragic.