ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio mk3 dynamique 17s lowering

Say i wanted to stick 17s and lower my car back 30mm. what would i need to do.

can you give me your best advice, or at least point me in the direction of somewhere else?

Renault Laguna Coupe

An Eibach Pro spring kit will lower your car around 30mm. Costs about £120. Got them on mine, very good mod.

Lionel Richie

In my opinion, its a waste of time lowering by 30mm, (172s are 15-20mm lower than a dynamic) I originally lowered mine 40mm on APEX springs, but with 17s, it looks too high, so its now dropped 60mm on 17s and looks much better (see pic in "Other Clios" gallery)

If you want handling, then go for 40mm but if you want looks 60mm

I got a Avo/Chassis Dynamic spring kit fitted today by HillPower. And its looks very nice. The kit was supposed to lower it by 40mm. But after installing the measurement of before and after was -25mm on the front and about -35mm on the back. Seeing as the car is about a year old the front springs where proberly more worn than the back. I wouldnt go any lower than this kit tho. Looks very nice. The ride quality hasnt changed much but body roll is controlled much better.

Chun.

Lionel Richie

Man, your new springs will bed in and the car will go a bit lower, id say my car dropped by about 1-2cm (compared pics) after about 1months hard cornering

Range Rover, GTC, LP640

John you want -60mm pi springs trust me on that one ive fitted some to mine and there as good as ul want.£115 inc vat i think.It wont rub on 17s or 18s coz ive tried both mate and the back wont even rub with 2 15s and 4 amps ha ha get it done

Lionel Richie

Get your springs from carnoiseur i paid £90 for them!!! Renault have never said anything about my car being lowered

Range Rover, GTC, LP640

fred, i got my springs from carnoisseur as well what are urs pi ??? think mine were £115 could of been less, i bought them months ago but only just got round to fitting them !! wicked.
Is urs the black one with the superleggers ? was gunna get them on mine but thought supet ts looked bit sportier.There shoudnt b a problem with the warranty ont car but until the shocks go abit then ul realise that renault probably wont pay 4 them !!!!
anyway itl b along time till then.

Ad

MK2 FRS

I wanted superLs, but went for SuperTs, think the silver SuperLs will look better still!!! I have Freds old APEX 40mm and happy with them looks wise they could be lower, obviously but the handling is awesome combined with the Toyos which are superb. Agree that Renault wont be ready to replace the Springs, but am changing it in Nov, so it wont be my problem.

Range Rover, GTC, LP640

yeah same here mate im getting rid of mine in jan either 4 a dci 80 or 172 its a year old then and wud of done pritty high mileage due to work etc etc

if i lower my mk3 1.6 clio to say 60mm how much will it affect the handling as opposed to lowering it to 40mm...will it make a massive difference ? im on 17" Superleggers

Im lowering mine on 60mm PIs, but i cant afford new wheels for a while, is it wise to get the springs changed over while i still have 15" wheels on? or will it touch the floor? Cheers

yeah it will be fine with 15s, 17s and 15s are basically the same size, just different tyre profiles..if that makes sense?

If you go for the -60mm Pi springs get them from Rtec they about £80inc Vat!

Definitely worth it they rock, yeah its a little firm but it looks awesome,

If you very very lucky the first day you have them on your car parked in a public place some very nice person may give you the biggest ego boost in the world by leaving a note on your car saying wicked slam!! (cheers Matt!)