ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio number 10, RB 182 Cup

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
So you do, that makes you a good person to ask, what wax should I buy for it? I've owned and used 1 wax in my life! Its an original batch of CG Petes 53 and I like it but I also know no different!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
See @imprezaworks I can clean, this was a mere 3 years ago!

8989532106_3bf1aea737_b.jpg
DSC_0356 by john.holligan, on Flickr

8989535070_a43917db25_b.jpg
DSC_0354 by john.holligan, on Flickr

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Bet you cleaned the drivers side only? Lol.

Mmm wax, tbh there are way too many to choose and everyone has their favourite. I have used the meguires quick wax recently and it seems great. Tbh they are much of a muchness. Megs for ease and looks gets my vote

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You know I haven't. It gets great reviews though. To get the best results from any wax wether £10 or £100 is prep of the paintwork. Decent paint cleanser, clay bar or an iron product is a good start.

That's come up lovely, still think those wheels look spot on on it!

The Autoglym HD Wax is really good to be fair and for £40 ish can't go wrong but as said above everyone has their fav's

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Car looks great. I have such an urge for a special colour like RB or LY.

@imprezaworks Dan, do you use that by hand or DA? Think i'll buy some meguirs wax soon, need to get back into cleaning.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
That does look very good. You won't know how long it lasts for though will you? I wait until the beading stops and then another 6-12 months before doing it again ;)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well a bit of progress has been made tonight, sourced a retrimmed wheel, xenons and a new grille along with a few other odds and sods.
Picked them up last night attached to this

CAE0B3F5-32DF-42C4-B55D-FA7A0FDCBA12_zpsvamvh0wa.jpg

Forgot to take pics of the front end of the rb but the bg looks like this now

84C083B1-CE0C-42E8-AF3C-C3E4B38DF8FA_zpsdgiudtan.jpg

And the wheel has gone from

A3F012E2-41F7-40E0-8040-A096EADA6601_zpsfpws3m95.jpg

Whilst it's not the design I'd spec it's better than what I had.

1219C74A-D016-4B48-9BA3-9E411D81EE21_zpsghunrx7a.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well after nicking the grille off my black one for the blue one I thought I should put some vinyls back on, it's had them at some point in the past and is why there is missing paint from it. It's not to my taste really but it looks a bit better than I expected.

61AC2AF9-7773-4EAB-9585-B0E2B5E25B50_zpscdwvefxl.jpg

And the RB is ready for the show tomorrow bar some tyre shine once there, a spray of quick detailer and some glass cleaner. More and better pics to come soon. Big thanks to Jamie for cleaning up the xenons and rear lights, really transformed the car.

9D981F3B-AAC3-468B-B87A-EEB457F3C285_zpsvur9vljp.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah we've sold but not managed to buy yet. And own 5 cars.
I'll be having a clear out for sure! For the RB I'll be swapping the exhaust from my black one, it has a centre box and given that we're using it more and more the noise is getting a bit much at motorway speeds.
Once that's done I'll be keeping an eye out for bumpers with the rear being a priority.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Photos are pretty sympathetic but a pair of bumpers would see me happy! That and the quieter exhaust will maybe even keep me satisfied for a while!

Really am so glad I didn't sell it.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
So a bit more stealing from the BG done tonight, moved over a set of Focal 6.5" components and a vibe amp. Still to set it up properly with the underseat sub too but I think it's gonna sound pretty decent for a basic set up. No before or after pics as you can't see anything so here's a during.

6F78D3F5-084E-469F-9AFB-D5655178BA9D_zpsnnfsnfp9.jpg

That looks soo smart in those after show pics, loving the tripod!! :smile:

Looks a complete mission with the speakers but well worth it, I had Focal's in my old Civic Type-R and they sounded great, they are an expensive speaker new!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
That looks soo smart in those after show pics, loving the tripod!! :smile:

Looks a complete mission with the speakers but well worth it, I had Focal's in my old Civic Type-R and they sounded great, they are an expensive speaker new!

Thanks man, I'm really happy with it now, feel like it's become my car now which is the first time in a long time.

They've transformed the sound, and that's coming from half decent alpines.