ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio turbo

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  535d / t5 caravelle
Says he's in no rush to sell unless it makes the right money, but he's not put a reserve on, bargain to be had maybe......

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I dunno, where it's been photographed suggests to me that the seller is in the trade or has connections to the trade, yet can't get the clutch changed? Even if not, how hard/time consuming is it to just dump it at a garage and say "change the clutch" if you're short of time? I get that if you're capable of doing it yourself you may not want to pay someone else, but the car would be worth much, much more then and would be a hell of a lot more desirable.

Also running a no reserve auction with the clear intention just to bin the auction off if he doesn't get a particular price just wastes everyone's time. He should just be up front, say a price and go from there. This is just fishing for offers.

"this car it has been maintained to a excellent standard" - MoT history begs to differ

Last MoT ran out 18 months ago too, so how long has the car been off the road, around a year before the current seller got their hands on it.

Could be a bargain, all of that could be explained away legitimately, but talk about one to approach with caution.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
"You've been outbid by someone else's max. bid.
You can still win. Try bidding again."

I was the second bidder - wonder if he's bumped it so no need for the reserve.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  535d / t5 caravelle
I dunno, where it's been photographed suggests to me that the seller is in the trade or has connections to the trade, yet can't get the clutch changed? Even if not, how hard/time consuming is it to just dump it at a garage and say "change the clutch" if you're short of time? I get that if you're capable of doing it yourself you may not want to pay someone else, but the car would be worth much, much more then and would be a hell of a lot more desirable.

Also running a no reserve auction with the clear intention just to bin the auction off if he doesn't get a particular price just wastes everyone's time. He should just be up front, say a price and go from there. This is just fishing for offers.

"this car it has been maintained to a excellent standard" - MoT history begs to differ

Last MoT ran out 18 months ago too, so how long has the car been off the road, around a year before the current seller got their hands on it.

Could be a bargain, all of that could be explained away legitimately, but talk about one to approach with caution.

I found this, this morning and didn't look to closely as it didn't really interest me, thought it might be of interest to others though, looks like you've done your detective work on it, I hadn't noticed the photos were on a garage forecourt, like you say, bang a new clutch in it and it instantly becomes more desirable.