ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio williams dimma.

Trader Rating - 100%
12   0   0
  M3, Cup racer'd 182
Yeah Dave is right needs a lot of fabrication work, I was in talks of doing a deal with the guy but pulled out last minute. Lucky really given current circumstances as it seams i might have to sell my dimma (no21) due to moving to a smaller unit where I'm lickly not able to store it.
Added a attachment of said car message me if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    256.2 KB · Views: 46

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
f**k me those cars were minging, are people still paying extra because it's a 'Dimma'?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Where are they all coming from recrntly? That's the third one that's been for sale now. Did the cosworth powered one sell the other month? Still cool cars imo.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
@cs_dave i am breaking a valver with a rusty bulkhead, if your friend would like he can cut out the good panels from it that will be needed for this. Also he should speak to Austin Grimley via facebook about doing the work, he owns a bodyshop and has done many valvers/williams etc to an amazing standard (plus stuff worth a lot more money!)

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
@cs_dave i am breaking a valver with a rusty bulkhead, if your friend would like he can cut out the good panels from it that will be needed for this. Also he should speak to Austin Grimley via facebook about doing the work, he owns a bodyshop and has done many valvers/williams etc to an amazing standard (plus stuff worth a lot more money!)

Cheers I'll pass it on. Do you think there's money to be made in that needs floors chills boot and other hidden rot lol. Say buy it for 2.5k 500 to pick it up and drop straight off with body guy. 3k plus work n paint

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Im not sure, i hate Dimmas, search and see what a williams dimma is worth, probably worth more with all that crap ripped off tbh.

Trader Rating - 100%
12   0   0
  M3, Cup racer'd 182
Dave not trying to discourage your friend from buying it not one bit, but alarm bells are ringing in my head by reading your comment.
What I mean is you and him don't work on cars often and maybe not to this extent so don't know what is going to be involved?.
This is my opinion mind but thought I'd give your friend some information of cost lickly involved in getting it good to a1 condition.
With all of that work involved I highly doubt it will cost 3k your probably talking double that, 1st off you said the sills are shot so whole rear quarter got to come off (they go all the way to the roof) and are bonded/fibreglassed/filler so lickly cost to remove/fit kit and full respray after your talking upto 4K depending on body shop.
The biggest and another costly job will be the floors (read mot history on the car it mentions subframe mounts corroded) so brake/fuel lines and other parts will need to be taken off the underside inc engine bay not to mention interior. Then they would need to brace the insides with a X section so no movement will occur and then cut the floor out maybe exhaust tunnel depending on extent of corrosion.

The floor section will need to be done by a professional or at least someone with good experience as this part is crucial in the strength of car, and these people don't come cheap.

As I mentioned already I'm not trying to put your friend off it but half the battle is knowing what your faced with before hand so good luck in what ever your friend decides I'm pretty sure others will voice their opinions too.

Trader Rating - 100%
12   0   0
  M3, Cup racer'd 182
Where are they all coming from recrntly? That's the third one that's been for sale now. Did the cosworth powered one sell the other month? Still cool cars imo.
Mine is only for sale due to being potentially forced to move into a much smaller unit and owning 8 vehicles and a car trailer I'm never going to keep them all inside, so pretty much forced into having to sell a few things sadly.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Dave not trying to discourage your friend from buying it not one bit, but alarm bells are ringing in my head by reading your comment.
What I mean is you and him don't work on cars often and maybe not to this extent so don't know what is going to be involved?.
This is my opinion mind but thought I'd give your friend some information of cost lickly involved in getting it good to a1 condition.
With all of that work involved I highly doubt it will cost 3k your probably talking double that, 1st off you said the sills are shot so whole rear quarter got to come off (they go all the way to the roof) and are bonded/fibreglassed/filler so lickly cost to remove/fit kit and full respray after your talking upto 4K depending on body shop.
The biggest and another costly job will be the floors (read mot history on the car it mentions subframe mounts corroded) so brake/fuel lines and other parts will need to be taken off the underside inc engine bay not to mention interior. Then they would need to brace the insides with a X section so no movement will occur and then cut the floor out maybe exhaust tunnel depending on extent of corrosion.

The floor section will need to be done by a professional or at least someone with good experience as this part is crucial in the strength of car, and these people don't come cheap.

As I mentioned already I'm not trying to put your friend off it but half the battle is knowing what your faced with before hand so good luck in what ever your friend decides I'm pretty sure others will voice their opinions too.
Yeh it wasnt somthing that would be diy. The 3k was car cost he ad 7k in mind for repairs its sold now i think i have passed yours over.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not sure, i hate Dimmas, search and see what a williams dimma is worth, probably worth more with all that crap ripped off tbh.

I'd imagine so.

ps-garage_RenaultClio1Wiliiams_1.jpg
2930_1324395518_188_2930.jpg

Dimma styling worked on the 205 because all they had to do was mimic the style of the T16 and throw in a few bits copied from companies like Koenig.