ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport Festival 2017 - Book Tickets Now!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Showers are for girls. Real men don't need to wash over a weekend.
SMELL DEM FRESH PITS

I'm a twice a day man. But on occasions like this I'll make an exception and drop to one per day. Reluctantly.
If there were no showers, I wouldn't be going!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Top tips for CSF - if anyone has any other essential bits and bobs then post them up.

BRING A COMFY CAMPING CHAIR. Halfords do a great one: LINK . There is currently 20% off so works out at 16 quid. Not all camping chairs are the same, do yourself a favour and get a comfy one, they are worth the extra they cost.

Buy a portable battery pack to charge your phone ...saves you having to use your cig lighter in the car.

Money - There is a cafe on site that does great breakfast and burgers etc , go karting , merchandise. Apart from that there is a tesco 10 minutes away and a few takeaways locally.

Toilets and showers are pretty good so bring a towel if you want a shower.

the odd bin liner comes in useful too.

AND lastly EAR PLUGS. so many cnuts snoring its unreal, with ear plugs you stand a chance of sleeping.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
To add to Gus's posts.....bring enough beer to last the night!

A wise man once said "it's better to be looking at it, than to be looking for it"

Actually I think it was just a bloke at work that said it once, but it's true.

I'm taking 18 cans of ghost ship, a litre of vodka, and a load of premixed vodka n lemo cans for the Mrs. Let's riiiiiiiide

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
To add to Gus's posts.....bring enough beer to last the night!

A wise man once said "it's better to be looking at it, than to be looking for it"

Actually I think it was just a bloke at work that said it once, but it's true.

I'm taking 18 cans of ghost ship, a litre of vodka, and a load of premixed vodka n lemo cans for the Mrs. Let's riiiiiiiide

Cutting down this year mate, why's that?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Me too, watching it get bigger!

Yep, on the rum. I have opened bottles or captain moragns and Bacardi Oakheart so I'll take them.

Emily has sworn not to drink this year..... we shall see!
I'm sure Jackie will try to change her mind lol

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Most stuff is in the car ready, Including your tent @James !
Just have to put the last few bits in Friday morning and it's ready
Nice one mate. I'll come hunt ya down when I arrive and grab it off ya.
There any instructions with it?

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I've been getting my tent and bits ready and now remember how god awful a pop up is. Fingers crossed for no rain!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I've still not packed anything or even thought about what I need, looks like i'm doing it all tomorrow night along with an oil change and 'cleaning' the car, well scraping the dog hair and crap out of it.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
@Daniel does the Tesco have fuel? If not where's the nearest station with super?
According to t'Internet tesco Gainsborough does indeed have a petrol station and is 11 minutes from Blyton park driving centre. It's open from 6am-12am Saturday. Chris Cox isn't impressed with Tesco's offers though:

a month ago

Tesco use very devious marketing techniques, example; Jack Daniels 70cl bottle has been on sale for £18.00 for months then a few weeks back it goes up to £25.00 all of a sudden while right next to it on the shelf was the 1lt size for £23.00, £2.00 cheaper than the smaller bottle, knowing that I buy Jack Daniels they then send me a £5.00 off voucher for a 75cl bottle of Jack Daniels making it £20.00 now, still £2.00 more expensive than it was just weeks ago, I haven't used the voucher and don't intend to either as I can buy a 70cl bottle of Jack Daniels from my local corner shop for £18.99 so Tesco can keep the voucher, this isn't the only thing they do this to either, mixed peppers on sale for £1.65 suddenly goes up to £2.00 then low and behold I get a 40p off voucher through my door, who do they think they're kidding? I'm being put off Tesco altogether by this obviously devious techniques

Probably best to stock up on booze before leaving home. I'll send Chris a message and try to get the address of his local corner shop though, just in case. [emoji106]