ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport.net Project Cars Time Trial Challenge - April

mk1 Octavia VRS
Well done to @mantis946 who set the fastest time last month. Please post your car & track choice below!

Guidelines:
1. At the start of each month a track and car are chosen by the driver with the fastest time from the previous month. If the same driver is fastest two months in a row then the track/car choice falls to the next fastest driver. The car & track should be chosen within a few days of the start of the month.
2. Keep to short tracks (<2.5 miles) so that it doesn't take too long to try and set a good time.
3. DLC cars not allowed.
4. Times must be set in time trial mode, not free practice or any other mode.
5. Entries should include what platform, controller (wheel or pad) and options were used - i.e. ABS, traction control and stability control.
6. Entries to be backed up by leaderboard link, screenshot or video.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Cheers :)

I've went for a tricky combo:
Track: Willow Springs International Raceway
Car: Radical SR3-RS

Good luck !

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
GmWaMEe.gif

Fiesta ST
First attempt at this, great car and track combo, never done the track before.

Using g920 wheel on Xbox one
Abs - off
Stability - off
Traction - off
Standard setup

image.jpg

(Sorry for the large pic, not sure how to make it smaller)

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
First attempt at this, great car and track combo, never done the track before.

Using g920 wheel on Xbox one
Abs - off
Stability - off
Traction - off
Standard setup

image.jpg

(Sorry for the large pic, not sure how to make it smaller)

Solid time that ! Best I've managed so far was up in the 16's haha the current record is something like 1:09 :D

mk1 Octavia VRS
Phew, this one's tricky!

I'm at 1:13.580 at the moment (on PC leaderboards). Usual G29 with no assists except ABS I think. Got room for improvement - though not sure where another 4 seconds might come from!

I've done a few setup tweaks so far - reduced front tyre pressures, reduced rear downforce and reduced the FD ratio. There only seems to be a few points on the track where you need to brake - the rest is buzzing round at 130mph+ and trying to get a good line so you don't go off.

Listerine & Poledo
So far I've taped over every cooling vent, wound the wings up as far as they go, then filled the wheel liners with gravel

1:14.828 is my best so far.

ABS on
Traction and stability off.
Standard setup.
Xbox One & pad.

I already know I'm just making up the numbers in here :pensive:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    514.1 KB · Views: 73
33793026055_8e1d0059f9_c.jpg

I did an improve.

ABS on. Stability and traction off. Tweaked setup (less rear downforce, lower tyre pressures, 0.1 deg more -ve camber on the front and rear)

Xbox one and pad.

Fiesta ST
Few setup changes, tire pressure etc

Still a few more I could make and I reckon I could get in to the 10s

image_1.jpg

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Had another quick blast. The WR holder's quite slow for the first half of the lap but f***s off back down the hill at a rate of knots!

This was with a rather large sideways moment. Could probably hit the elevens on a clean lap.
20170404201648_1.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
Few setup changes, tire pressure etc

Still a few more I could make and I reckon I could get in to the 10s
I somehow doubt that

"The overall track record is held by Michael Andretti in a 1987 CART Indycar. Andretti completed a lap of the 2.5 mile main track in 1 minute 6.050 seconds, for an average speed of 136 miles per hour"

Difficult track! Never done it before, had to take quite a lot of practice laps, but managed to get into the 1:12s. I had a high 1:11 at one point, but apparently I got disconnected from the servers and the time was lost! Bugger. :\

h4TbFsm.jpg

Bit more work today, went for a lower downforce setup, quite a good result! Just got to shave a smidge off and that's the record.

YWGdVeD.jpg

Only ABS for aids.

Christ almighty! I came in here to post my 1:12.105, but I won't even bother with a screenshot 😞

Very impressive though, I need a wheel.

Cheers guys. 1:12 with a pad is really good - no way I'd even get close with one. Even a cheap wheel (mine is the Logitech Force GT that came with GT5) makes a huge difference, especially tracks with long sweeping corners.

I reckon you could go faster if you took more downforce off the car and played with the suspension, but I can't handle the rear being so lively. That setup was 0 front and 2 rear downforce, two notches up on the final drive on the gears, brake opening 0%, engine cooling 5%, and 4L of fuel - everything else the same as the standard setup.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys. 1:12 with a pad is really good - no way I'd even get close with one. Even a cheap wheel (mine is the Logitech Force GT that came with GT5) makes a huge difference, especially tracks with long sweeping corners.

I reckon you could go faster if you took more downforce off the car and played with the suspension, but I can't handle the rear being so lively. That setup was 0 front and 2 rear downforce, two notches up on the final drive on the gears, brake opening 0%, engine cooling 5%, and 4L of fuel - everything else the same as the standard setup.
That's the key - it's the long sweeping corners that you mention that are so difficult with a pad.

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
311a289bd07f1e6f68a3a359aabcfe67.jpg

ABS, no TC or stability control

Few tire pressure & downforce adjustments

PS4 using Logitech G29

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listerine & Poledo
OK kiddies, looks like we've forgotten the game here.
@HarvB, looks like you won this time, we're going to need your choices for track and vehicle for June Challenge

Listerine & Poledo
That good old saying

Slow and steady wins the race but comes somewhere near the bottom in CS monthly time trial

There's also the saying "No prizes for second place", and CS goes one step further here too, with no prizes for anything, at all.

Clio 182 Trophy
I was having a play on silverstone stowe the other day in the Clio cup.. good fun. Just throwing it out there

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Listerine & Poledo
I was having a play on silverstone stowe the other day in the Clio cup.. good fun. Just throwing it out there

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
No front-drive shopping-trolleys allowed.

you dont play GTA just to sit in traffic and pay for things at checkouts

EDIT: We've also done Clios ;)