ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport.net Project Cars Time Trial Challenge - February

mk1 Octavia VRS
Well done to @Pearcy who set the fastest time last month. Please post your car & track choice below.

Guidelines:
1. At the start of each month a track and car are chosen by the driver with the fastest time from the previous month. If the same driver is fastest two months in a row then the track/car choice falls to the next fastest driver. The car & track should be chosen within a few days of the start of the month.
2. Keep to short tracks (<2.5 miles) so that it doesn't take too long to try and set a good time.
3. DLC cars not allowed.
4. Times must be set in time trial mode, not free practice or any other mode.
5. Entries should include what platform, controller (wheel or pad) and options were used - i.e. ABS, traction control and stability control.
6. Entries to be backed up by leaderboard link, screenshot or video.

AndyBMX

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 265 / Tuono
Managed a 1.27.503. Controller with all the assists on.

It did it on Free Practice as my internets down so couldn't do time trial. I know it's not within the rules but thought I'd chuck it up.

Once the internets back up I'll have a go on time trial.

Attachments

• IMG_3796.JPG
    IMG_3796.JPG
    395.9 KB · Views: 72

AndyBMX

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 265 / Tuono
Managed to get my time down to a 1.27.198 last night, messed up the last corner a bit so think I could get it down a bit more. Quite cool how important it is to warm the tyres up.

Listerine & Poledo
Managed to get my time down to a 1.27.198 last night, messed up the last corner a bit so think I could get it down a bit more. Quite cool how important it is to warm the tyres up.
errrrrr.
You're playing in Time Trial mode yes?
YOu dont wamr up your tyres in that mode, they're already warm when you're passed control and they reset every. In the same way you've permanently got 5 litres of fuel

AndyBMX

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 265 / Tuono
errrrrr.
You're playing in Time Trial mode yes?
YOu dont wamr up your tyres in that mode, they're already warm when you're passed control and they reset every. In the same way you've permanently got 5 litres of fuel

As I said in my first post I'm playing in 'free practice' as our internet is currently down. I know the time doesn't really count I'd just thought I'd post it up as there was only a few times so far.

Once our internet's back up I'll have a go on Time Trial and try beat it.

Listerine & Poledo
that'd explain it. I was under the impression you'd found some internet is all.

But yeah. dont worry about fuel/tyres etc when in time trial.. The only thing that doesn't fix itself is when you wipe a wheel off at Hislops

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
The tyres reset themselves? Not on mine they don't!

Somehow I've done something which has halved my framerate on everything, so until I solve that I'm out!

Listerine & Poledo
The tyres reset themselves? Not on mine they don't!

Yep, at least on PS4 you start with 5 litres and warm tyres. They will degrade over a lap, but do reset themselves. Hence how you can keep doing lap after lap after lap with no drop off....

...or in my case, many laps, maybe one that counts

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I've not noticed wear, but certainly the temps don't reset on mine because I've had to do cooldown laps in between hotlaps on some tracks.

There's definitely wear with tyres on time trail, even after one lap and I don't find they reset, could be wrong though, but I always just restart if I've not beat the quickest time posted on here after one lap.

DCi
On PC I notice the tire wear graphic going down but I don't notice any lack of control, but that could just be me, I'm not that amazing :D

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Managed a 1.26.751 this evening. A few tenths left as I keep messing up the chicane and the last corner.

This car is so forgiving its silly. All the late braking.

AndyBMX

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 265 / Tuono
Just managed a 1.26.543, not sure whether I can get much faster than that.

As far as I can see from the leaderboards, that's the second fastest time with that car on that track (on Xbox one anyway)...

Attachments

• IMG_3823.JPG
    IMG_3823.JPG
    473.9 KB · Views: 70

AndyBMX

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 265 / Tuono
What assists are you using @AndyBMX ?

All of them 😅
I thought when I first got the game I'd turn them off cause that's how I had it on forza, I was wrong...

I thought I'd give the Formula A a try and managed to get to 16th (in the world?) on the Openwheel class. seems a bit unusual that there aren't more people out there that are quicker than that..

mk1 Octavia VRS
  Clio 182 Trophy
1:26.886. Liking the car/track combo this month!
I mentioned in Jan I had a friend who played this but he's not on here... he's 'orourked' on the steam leaderboard in 3rd for this challenge!! Must get advice...

I really need to get back on this game, damn Clio is taking up all of my spare time getting it ready for 2017 track days, the list of things to do seems never ending...

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I really need to get back on this game, damn Clio is taking up all of my spare time getting it ready for 2017 track days, the list of things to do seems never ending...

What you doing to it?

AndyBMX

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 265 / Tuono
Turned off traction and stability, was consistently getting into the 1.27's but can't quite lose that last bit!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
1.26.305 after 40 laps

Can gain another .4 of a second through turn 3 (the left hander bottom of the hill) and the hairpin. Just can't string a full lap together

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Definitely gonna be a sub 26 lap will be the top time I think!

Goliath I
So what are peoples strategies? Are we off the throttle and and dabbing the breaks or last minute breaking? The longer corners I was coming off the throttle early, but had a few better sectors just breaking it last minute...

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
So what are peoples strategies? Are we off the throttle and and dabbing the breaks or last minute breaking? The longer corners I was coming off the throttle early, but had a few better sectors just breaking it last minute...
Last minute. Longer corners are pretty much dab of brake and full turn in then full power.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Couldn't get onto PSN so had to have a go on free practice, frustrating having to warm tires and running out of fuel!
1:27:3 for now but didn't get a great lap in