ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CNC machined inlet

Alfa GTA
Hi guys is it worth doing this even if you have the RS stamped inlet?

I did read that there can be a little more to be machined off even the rs inlet

dan's cast offs.
Nice gains from matched inlets, nothing big but you do notice bit more torque mid range.

Alfa GTA
My car made 189.3 bhp on the rollers just wondering if the machined inlet would knock it to 190
(I know chasing numbers and all that)

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
I put matched inlets on the cup.After they were fitted,I was overtaking lambos,cosworths,skylines with ease
Only thing I couldn't overtake was Marjorie on her twin turbo jet packed zimmer

dan's cast offs.
Every graph I've seen that's had them on there is a noticeable lump of torque mid range and they hold a bit more as well. Should have a couple of graphs but away for few days, will see if I can dig them out when I get back.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Gains were only to be had on the Ph1 inlet, the later ones flowed fine.

IIRC we had a trader on here a while back who did cylinder heads and porting, he saw no real gains on the flow bench doing them.

dan's cast offs.
only one i can find has got three overlays on it so quite hard to make it out, will try and get some sorted but will confirm decently matched inlets do make a noticeable difference, was sceptical at first but spoke to chris at efi about them the other year and he said he'd seen differences with them as well.

not massive gains but i'd say worth doing.