ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold air feed

Ever since i fitted my 70mm cold air pipe yesterday it seems the car is actually pulling better like i can get to 60 in 2nd rather quickly where as it would struggle b4 hand ...just thought id share that with ya lol ,

Dont think my valver likes me hitting the limiter tho i got a big puff of smoke out the back hmmm lovely !!

hehe yeh i hope so ! it only seems to smoke a little when i rag it hard and its ever since i got the de-cat !

clio williams, Ph1 172

mine aint puffin no smoke and i got a decat :confused:. did on the rollers in 5th very slightly when they hit the limiter though.

Renault Laguna

they shouldnt puff smoke, you are running rich mate, thats good for high speed races to prevent detonation but not good for durability/reliability....

Most all F7s smoke at high rpm downshifts.......

its not a sign of runinng rich and the best a.f ratio for power is a tad richer than the optimum a/f ratio.

Its not rich enough to lead to bore wash.

Mikey16vClio - it was from one of the halfords superstores mate , the ones that sell all the rip speed stuff , it was in the peformance air filters section !