ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold start misfire

Clio 172 Sport
Wonder if anyone can help.

My Clio 172 developed a misfire from cold start a few weeks back and engine management light up. Changed the post lambda and rest codes and all was fine.

Got in it again this morning and the misfire is there again but no codes this time. Really groggy when it's started cold and hesitant until it warms up and then it's drives perfectly.

Anyone got any ideas? Slight blow on exhaust due to needing to tighten manifold to cat pipe but surely wouldn't cause this?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

PH2 172
Wonder if anyone can help.

My Clio 172 developed a misfire from cold start a few weeks back and engine management light up. Changed the post lambda and rest codes and all was fine.

Got in it again this morning and the misfire is there again but no codes this time. Really groggy when it's started cold and hesitant until it warms up and then it's drives perfectly.

Anyone got any ideas? Slight blow on exhaust due to needing to tighten manifold to cat pipe but surely wouldn't cause this?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers
Take it to Dan in Glastonbury.

Clio 172 Sport
I've used Dan before and he is great.

Don't think it's anything to major so just wanted to sort it myself as its a 60 mile round trip to him.

Any ideas on what it might be?

PH2 172
I've used Dan before and he is great.
Don't think it's anything to major so just wanted to sort it myself as its a 60 mile round trip to him.
Any ideas on what it might be?

A 60 mile round trip might burn off all the condensation in your exhaust.:smile: