ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

components help plz!! (mark 1)

172 M69 eater

i dont know if this is possible but is there a set of components (decent!!) you can buy which will directly replace the rt ones? Mine arent in the door they r in the dash below the air blowers. Think its bout 5" or can u get bigger ones in there?

gonna b runnin em thro a jbl amp @ 50w rms and 4 ohms.

suggestions on what to buy and where from?!!?

thanks!! Patty

172 M69 eater

oh and the tweeters will b mounted in the wing mirror pods cus i have installed m3 mirrors n removed the handles!

172 M69 eater

thing is mike i wouldnt trust anythin i could buy from halfords!!!

they r a bunch of muppets, iv read that u found that out this week!! Bloody assholes took 3 months to get my cobra subframes when they quoted a month!!

lookin at some mb quart ones now, anyone recmmend them>?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

right, u have speakers in your doors, and also u have tweaters in the dash below the air blowers, if u want a good set of components look at makes like JL audio, mb quart and focal.

they are easy to replace but u may as well amp them while you are at it to get the best sound.

its 5.25" in the doors i think, and if u gonna mount the tweaters on the mirror bits, thats ok.

all u need to do i locate the crossover somewhere safe, and secure, also if u put new speaker wire in or even when putting the new speakers in, make sure u have the windows all the way down so that you know where the bottom of they are otherwise if u get a wire in the wrong place next time u go to wind the windows down u will f**k em up.

172 M69 eater

ta malice, but i seriously have no speakers in the doors.... gonna have to cut em out!!

thanks 4 ur help

patty