ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Computer HDD broke :\

None
If just done a 'cosmetic' upgrade on my pc and put it all back together etc.. Thing is I got 2 hdd's - 40gig for windows and various windows crap and 120gb full of mp3's, games, videos etc. Thing is now The drive is being detected but Win xp is saying the drives not formatted :( is there any way to save this data??

I assume you've checked that it is still plugged in correctly after your 'cosmetic' mods....

You could try and get hold of something like Partition Magic and see if that thinks there is anything on your disk. Otherwise try it in a different PC maybe.

None
Yea its all connected up ok, checked it about 3 times now lol. I'll try partition magic and see what that can do..

Otherwise try to get hold of some partition recovery software. (I don't actually know of any to reccomend, but I'm sure stuff exists) Possibly just the partition table has been knackered, and if you can get something to rewrite it all your data should still be there.