ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Computing equipment for a charity (Mainly monitors)

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Long shot, but CS often pulls things out of the bag.

I've just started volunteering for a local mental health charity, doing their IT stuff. Their setup is really primitive, all the equipment is stuff that's been donated over the years, we're talking old XP era towers, old 13/15 inch monitors etc.

I'm looking to try and source a few monitors and maybe a computer/laptop or two., either via donation or at a low cost and I'll pay for them myself.

Does anyone have any things like these that they're not using, close to the Bournemouth area? (I could travel a bit to pick up a job lot) Or can anyone suggest organisations that might be able to help? An office clearance would be great...

I'm monitoring local Gumtree etc, but I'd like to get a 19" or greater monitor or two without paying too much if I can, and anything else is a bonus.

Thanks.

Last edited:
  A4 Avant & A3
Just a thought,
You could try contacting the local council & nhs trust (mental health trust too..) IT departments? they upgrade equipment & some (not sure if all) get a company to pick up the old (over 3/5 year old) working or non working kit & take it away.
Think you'd have a problem if you were after anything with storage on it (as they need drives to be securely wiped) but monitors might be something they'd give out for a good cause?
possibly worth a call/e-mail.

Repeating the above, good on you for helping out.

As above with hospital IT units, they always end up with left over towers, need a few drives though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Phone round a few of the larger companies in the local area. They may have a few spare bits as well.