ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cookie's Golf R32

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I used to suffer from skittles.

Every time I drove my car, something broke. Frequently I'd try to go to work and just find a big pile of skittles outside the house. Sometimes a light would come on, so I'd try and diagnose it.. but it would have already gone off. Gearboxes, holes in exhausts, wheel bearings, suspension... It was endless. I was driven to despair, I didn't know who to turn to.

But, for just £5500, Volvo showed me that I didn't have to live a life of mechanical failure. I could enjoy a car like a normal person, live a normal life. But I am not alone. There are more like me. Take for example, the owner of an R32 Golf, whose wheels are made out of the bubbly bit inside an Aero, whose driveshafts are about as secure as the Assad regime, and whose suspension is falling apart. He needs your help, and for just £700 a week you can feed his habit for breaking things. Please. Just help.

#2016SKITTLESAPPEAL #PRAYFORCOOKIE

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
One tyre still deflating, and now ive just curbed a wheel. And had a meltdown in a McDonald's car park. f**k this car

Right, just one wheel now?

What size are the tyres? This is an easy thing to solve now it's just down to one wheel.

Solve the problem, have "spaz-wheel" refurbed as a one off at JP, and you're sorted for a good while. So calm doon.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Right, just one wheel now?

What size are the tyres? This is an easy thing to solve now it's just down to one wheel.

Solve the problem, have "spaz-wheel" refurbed as a one off at JP, and you're sorted for a good while. So calm doon.
225 40 R18. The problem tyre is now at the back, and so is deflating at a slower rate without having to accelerate/steer/carry weight of engine, whereas previously it was NSF

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
This thread is almost painful. Why are you on a car forum and clearly have no knowledge / interest in cars?!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
New tyres ordered, fitting on Monday. Fuckayou Golf, you have finally won.

So costs in the last month..

Wheel refurb @ 285
Insurance @ 312 (which is about the same as the M3 was)
4x Conti Sport Contact 5 @ 384 inc balancing etc usual s**t

Just a smidge under a grand. Birthday next week, going to buy myself a shotgun

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Was updating my post as you quoted! Sport Contact 5's, same as I put on the M3. Sooo much grip.

Winter tyres are mostly irrelevant for the UK, aside from the one time it snowed and they were actually useful on the Clio.
I just changed from conti 5 to the new Goodyear f1. Much better for daily use.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
One tyre still deflating, and now ive just curbed a wheel. And had a meltdown in a McDonald's car park. f**k this car
I'm thinking Amazon Instant Video or Netflix could make a series about the levels of fun you have with car ownership.

I'm pretty sure you've pissed off somebody in a previous life. Or have returned from the future, thinking all electric cars are good, and now the Man-Spec cars are failing on you - as a sign of mechanical revenge.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
IMG-20161128-WA0007.jpeg
IMG-20161128-WA0009.jpeg
IMG-20161128-WA0013.jpeg

A selection of images. Think I found the reason the tyre leaked

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
So it's exactly what I thought all along. I thought you had someone remove them, clean and refit? 🙈

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
You could buy a new car and spend £300 a month on the HP or lease a similar spec car to the r32 for £300 a month. It's £3500 a year.

Old cars hurt more because you feel like you're spending the money whereas direct debit has gone before you see it.

Older cars ftw.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
So it's exactly what I thought all along. I thought you had someone remove them, clean and refit? 🙈
The fitter I took the car to originally clearly didn't check the bead on the inside of the rim, just outside

The guys that refurbed the wheels a month ago also didn't think to mention it!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
The neverending fixing continues. @Scrooge fitted the rear brakes today, which probably didn't need doing. In amongst all the colossal amount of f**king about (it probably shouldn't take four hours to do rear brakes on a Golf) he discovered that the bleed nipple thing on a rear caliper wasn't working properly. Probably explains the not so great pedal feel with the brakes.. at least we found it, and put new fluid in

Brakes stop much quicker now (fronts were done months ago). Next up this week or next is a service and getting the lower ball joints replaced since one is split

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Glad to see you still have it and it drives... that's doing well for you Terrance.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Rear bleed nipple was letting fluid by on the poxy think. To think it's been doing it since before he bought it is worrying!

Still it's sorted now, drove and sounded great on the test drive.

TTRS & V50
I'm in the market for an R32, so I searched "R32" on trusty cs.net. Spent 15 mins reading this thread.... just LOL.

Glad you've sorted it, although it made a good read.

Love the term Skittles, new one on me.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Piece of s**t has gone for its MOT today. Also needs a service, and the lower wishbone balljoint thingies replaced (parts I already have for that, they were cheap)

They've already discovered the passenger side front spring is fuuuuucked (cracked on the lowest point), and the drivers side one is on it's way out, so 200 for parts + fittings and that's being sorted before they can put it through the MOT. I'm just waiting for the engine to fail to complete my week nicely.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You were just complimenting the skittles car a few days ago aswell.