ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coombe weather for summer action day (28th april)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
06878aa2.jpg

Looks like it could still go either way at this stage.

I just hope its not "damp" as I only really have tyres suitable for either dry or very wet, havent got a particuarly good set for anything inbetween at the moment really.

Evo 5 RS
I'm not on circuit this weekend so it's not really a massive issue for me, I'd rather it didn't rain mind you lol.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Luckily there has been a fair bit of rain. I did a coombe track day last year when it had been dry for a while and we got drizzle and it was like a skid pan. Lots of people went home it was that bad. Hope the weather sorts itself out for you!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah thats a good point at least all the fuel and oil will have been lifted out of the track and washed away by the recent rains.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
No point in checking the long range weather as it's usually wrong, just check the day before!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
No point in checking the long range weather as it's usually wrong, just check the day before!

Ive found they normally get the amount of rain roughly right, but it can vary by a day or two when it falls.

Fingers crossed it moves one way or the other and doesnt end up all showery!

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
I quite enjoyed the wet day I did at Combe last year - well apart from the part where I span off at Folly :eek: I might have actually soiled myself after doing that.

Tbh I enjoyed the day more because it was a good learning experience for me of controlling the car properly in the wet & still go reasonably quick, are you doing it in the corsa or the valver?

53 Clio's & counting
Combe is an odd one, as I only live 8 miles or so away, I have spent half my life there it seems and it's like Pod - it has it's own weather system lol.

So although it says rain, there is just as much chance it will be hot and sunny!

Should be a good day mind, my club has a spot in the paddock again (Opposite the CS stand I think) and I seem to have some grey 172 rep with ghey alloys on my club list.....

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Combe is always sunny! never been there and it rained so hard it soaked through the umbrella that 5 of us had crowded under.. honest!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I quite enjoyed the wet day I did at Combe last year - well apart from the part where I span off at Folly :eek: I might have actually soiled myself after doing that.
It's called folly for a reason, lol

Tbh I enjoyed the day more because it was a good learning experience for me of controlling the car properly in the wet & still go reasonably quick, are you doing it in the corsa or the valver?

In the Corsa mate, still got some minor jobs on the valver I haven't had time to do and the mrs is doing the renaultsport bedford session in the 172 6 days later so figured I'd use the corsa

Looking forward to seeing how the new lower ratio gearbox I've just fitted pans out too :)
Might up the limiter a touch on Friday as well as its only revving to 7500rpm at the moment and is good for 7800 really.

Evo 5 RS
Combe is an odd one, as I only live 8 miles or so away, I have spent half my life there it seems and it's like Pod - it has it's own weather system lol.

So although it says rain, there is just as much chance it will be hot and sunny!

Should be a good day mind, my club has a spot in the paddock again (Opposite the CS stand I think) and I seem to have some grey 172 rep with ghey alloys on my club list.....

lol gayer.

What time you arriving squire?

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Will be at this one but first time not on track :(. Me and Andy (Sharky UK) are on the fully fuelled area behind the banking at camp

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
We'll be round by camp too.
Have taken a gamble and brought just dry tyres as none of the forecasts say heavy rain. Fingers crossed!

Red Corsa with vauxsport written down the side of it, say hi if you see me.