ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Corbeau UK Factory visit- Hastings with pics

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
My next upgrade on my 172 is to fit a decent bucket seat. After admiring the Corbeau seats at the BHP show at Lydden Hill in May, I arranged to go down and see their range of seats at the Hastings premises. Dan was my advisor after giving him a call the day before, and was really helpful and gave me all the info, and after a half hour discussing the wide range of seats they provided, he showed me around the factory, which was really nice of him

Fab place, employs a few people, and pretty much makes the entire seat other than the shell, which is made off site, and all dispatched from Hastings, to rest of UK and the world. Now I didnt know that!

Got me hooked, and looking at getting the Pro-Series, System 1 with the silver Alloy side mounts.
Anyone had experience of the seat?

A bit more than i wanted to pay (Isnt everything always in life lol) for my entry level seat to track day participation, but it felt right nice sitting in it, and a really good fit. They can all be tailored with logos, colours and anything you like pretty much. I was well impressed with my 45 minute visit,

Have got a brochure if any of you want a look, maybe at FCS?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe stupid photobucket is now asking for $399.99 a year if you actually want to post the photos you upload on third party websites...

Seems they want to drive traffic to their ridiculously ad-laden site by making you view pictures on it via links to your pics.

I think they should f**k off lol

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Sheeeesh. It worked a couple weeks ago (Eventually) when i posted up my half roll cage weld plates

I am no laptop/pc guru, so will have to work on it. Shame- nice photos
Bear with me fellow members

Sure ive tried the upload an image button and it didnt work. will give it another go.... or they show up small or something

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Who the f**k uses photobucket. Seriously someone just shut the site down in embarrassment. Visit sounds interesting mate.
90% of my pictures are still on there! Purely because at time that was one of the only choices!

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Doesn't work you con artist
Yes it does.. lol

IMG_2391.PNG

http://phoon.co.uk/pics/uploads/IMG_2391.PNG

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Yep. $399.99 to enable 3rd party viewings. They think we r nuts?

Is there any way i can load direct from my laptops hard drive? That image button asks for URL? Whats that when its at home- if its an address of some sort, there wont be one for laptop stored photos will there?

Hey, ho, stress and strain of opening some account or other....

(Sings) wish me luck, here i go, bon voyage................on my way, heyhey hey, what a pain....

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yep. $399.99 to enable 3rd party viewings. They think we r nuts?

Is there any way i can load direct from my laptops hard drive? That image button asks for URL? Whats that when its at home- if its an address of some sort, there wont be one for laptop stored photos will there?

Hey, ho, stress and strain of opening some account or other....

(Sings) wish me luck, here i go, bon voyage................on my way, heyhey hey, what a pain....
Just click 'Upload an image' in the reply box, then source it from your computer.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
20170623_132246.jpg

20170623_132244.jpg
20170623_132018.jpg
20170623_131954.jpg
20170623_131756.jpg
20170623_131747.jpg
20170623_131804.jpg

1st image- Hi Dan, thanks for the tour at Corbeau Hastings
2nd image- all the various bare moulds ready for drssing. bespoke if needed
3rd image- all the luvly jubbly seats ready for dispatch
4th image- all the colours and some of the styles
5th image- the seat i am thinking, higher sides called a Pro-series system 1 in black, with Corbeau aluminium side mounts
6th- Full on of image 5
7th- the beige one on the left is my second fave the Corbeau sprint system 1, but sides not as high, and you didnt feel quite as "planted"

Bit pricey, but as said, you get quality and piece of mind, with a dash of style

Speedy300

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I might have to sort out a visit to Corbeau at some point.

How much is it for a couple of mid range bucket seats with fixtures?

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
I might have to sort out a visit to Corbeau at some point.

How much is it for a couple of mid range bucket seats with fixtures?

Inclusive of vat, between 400 n 600 to be honest. Even entry seats start round 250 with side mounts. Depends what you want obvs. That dont include the mounting sub frame, just side mounts and seat. Then theres all the bespoke extras embroidery, lumbar supports etc etc

Speedy300

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Inclusive of vat, between 400 n 600 to be honest. Even entry seats start round 250 with side mounts. Depends what you want obvs. That dont include the mounting sub frame, just side mounts and seat. Then theres all the bespoke extras embroidery, lumbar supports etc etc

Sounds quite expensive but I guess you are paying for a premium product.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Went to Fast Car festival at Donington today, fab weather, really enjoyed the show as a prelim to FCS

Was surprised there were no bucket seat sellers...... shame

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Yeehhhaaa! Christmas come early
After Dan made me an offer I couldnt refuse, (Was gonna get 2 x Corbeau Clubsports) ended up getting 1 Clubsport (To give the wife a lift to meetings) and a Corbeau Pro-Series 1 for me. FIA approved. Feels like an excellent seat, cant wait to put them to the test.

DSCN3093.JPG
DSCN3094.JPG

Thanks Dan- See you at TRAX

(Was gonna get 2 x Corbeau Clubsports) ended up getting 1 Clubsport (To give the wife a lift to meetings) and a Corbeau Pro-Series 1 for me.

Anything I might buy that fits me snugly will make it impossible for the missus to actually sit in it or drive the car, which is annoying! lol

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
I really like the club sports, just a shame they aren't fia approved
There are a nice comfy sporty seat, although dont hold you in the seat as tight as some others- maybe thats the reason, or maybe the bucket seat plastic is not up to strength standards?