ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cornwall track time?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
so me and a few others down in Cornwall got talking and we decided that we are looking to get some track time under our belts in the near future............... but we don't actually know anywhere that is close to us to get started on before we move onto bigger tracks :S.

so the question to the people of the south west is....................... is there anywhere in cornwall that does track days/ air field days?

if you know of anywhere could you drop in a link in if they have a website or even just a name to check out that would be great :)

also if there is anyone wanting to join us with some potential track stuff in cornwall drop me a pm and we might be able to organize a group day if we get enough numbers.

thanks again

Dan

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Hullavington Airfield is like 7 miles from Castle Combe Circuit. Would be handy if we lived in that neck of the woods, but it's about 204 miles and 3 hours 51 mins to Castle Combe from Helston according to Google Maps :dapprove:

Think these are the closest we've got too!

Fancy a blast round our airfield instead Dan? I'm sure air traffic control won't mind, they've just shut the airfield ;)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
That's pretty much an autotest. There's a fair few of them around, including here in Plymouth.

Oh and Neil Gould, in the video on that page, is gtrnav on here.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
If they let us on our airfield I would be on it every weekend! Lol

Used to blast round RAF Cottesmore when I was based there, until the MPGS rocked up and told us off!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Haha tbh we should just rock up at the end of the runway and see what happens.

As above there isn't really anything around here. The local motor club do a series which does hillclimbs in the area. Such as lostwithel, tregrhan (sp) and other places. GTRNAV aka neil is the one to speak to about that.

ex btcc driver John George owns Perranporth airfeild. They are working with a mate of mine to organize a drag and drift and auto solo day on Sunday 11th August 2013

There isn't a huge amount of info about yet....but for further info...feel free to follow this page on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/southwestperformanceday

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Right I think I'm gonna have to open a Devon track time thread then and see what comes out of that lol

Agreed. Drag and Drift at Smeatharpe will be mentioned along with hillclimbs such as werrington etc.

Welcome to the south west haha

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Aww the south west has let me down, all these old ww2 redundant air fields and none are used :(

Tbh I might just wait till I visit my mum then as she lives 20 mins from oulton park.

Hi Dan, as has been said, there is nothing this side of Castle Coombe, Llandow, Hullavington and Keevil.
Have a chat with your people at Culdrose, you may just be able to sweet talk them into letting you use Predannack. We used to use it on the Tour of Cornwall Rally, and Truro MC used to hold sprints there.