ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Could someone help me find a CV Boot kit please?!

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Passed MOT today, yay! Advisory n/s cv boot has small hole.

Now I think I'm being a bit special here, but I just can't get it clear in my head what I need or how to do it!

Are there specific boots for these cars, or should I go universal? ECP brings up just two inner boots when I search by car type, and 8 different universal ones with a general search 🙈.

Do I remove the shaft from the hub and slip the boot over? Some are stretchy as well, but why do they need to be any more stretchy than others. Arrrrgh :imp:😂.I've read there are split ones too, but that seems like a cheat :tongueclosed:.

If someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction that would be super, maybe even a cheeky little linky :grinning:?

Thanks!

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Do a fix? Do you reckon it'll last? I'll have a look at it to see how bad it is....

Nice idea, thanks :up:.

monaco 172
Check it out but as long as it hasn't lost a tonne of grease just clean it up and fill it with silicone.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
IMG_2946.PNG

dan's cast offs.
Do a fix? Do you reckon it'll last? I'll have a look at it to see how bad it is....

Nice idea, thanks :up:.

done it loads.

is it passengers side inner one? if it's got anything more tan a pin hole in it they generally throw loads of oil out.

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Cool, I'll have a look tomorrow. Superglue best option? Seems to me like it's thin consistency will help it seep into a small hole and seal better than perhaps summat thick like silicon?

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
I'll see what's appertaining in the morning :smile:

Many thanks :cool:

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Thanks! This reminds me of another query, what's the cone for?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Yep, mines been fine for over a year now. A lot of people don't rate them and say they don't last but mines been fine.

The cone's to slip the boot over the shaft.

You can knock the joint off and fit a proper boot but for less than a tenner and an hour or so you can't fault the stretchy ones.