ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coyle's Clio, Albi Blue 197 '08

Renault Sport 197
Hi guys, new to the forum, but finally took some pics of the car so thought id share them.
Always liked my cars, I had a Fiat Stilo for a few years, which I had featured in max power, went down the euro route with it:

a4d19498.jpg

20714bc6.jpg

abfecb36.jpg

21a6757b.jpg

I then swapped that for a MK1 Audi S3, Completely standard, Had that tidied up, full spray, abit of rust removal, facelift lights, but mainly focused on the engine this time..

57056a3e.gif

afec3d6e.gif

edd998b8.jpg

bc252469.gif

It was running 269.4bhp when I finished, but the age was showing and it wasn't as reliable as I wanted. I only had it for 6months but traded it in 2 weeks ago for a 08plate 197..

08 plate, 1 owner, 15,000 on the clock

Since having it i've done a few subtle bits.

Debadged, renault sport exhaust tips, painted callipers (not done fronts yet), new plates, renault sport steering wheel trim, indicator bulbs and renault tunepoint.

Pics:

ddfc0032.jpg

4e4d68f2.jpg

d6bc7e86.jpg

58eae6e1.jpg

ad834c5a.jpg

c2061b50.jpg

4960907c.jpg

cac099bd.jpg

e8a66d69.jpg

d9f87f9e.jpg

15a3bcc2.jpg

caaab0d5.jpg

No massive plans for it, i'd like to space the rear wheels out to sit on the arch line better, maybe 20mm.
Gloss black rear diffuser and painted renault badges front and back. I'd like anthracite but don't know if the rear diffuser would look out of place then, so maybe do them black too.

Opinions and suggestions welcome

PB172
Ello Jon :) Looks mint pal, will have to have a look at it on Monday after our wonderful Engine Design Test :)

PB172
I thought it was Monday :O I hope it's Friday now, gives me a lot more time to prepare to fail :p

Are we not going to see MEGA LOWS from this build? :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks mint mate, Albi is a wonderful colour in the flesh.

The exhaust tips don't work though, never have tbh. Will look fantastic with the black diffuser.

Renault Sport 197
Looks mint mate, Albi is a wonderful colour in the flesh.

The exhaust tips don't work though, never have tbh. Will look fantastic with the black diffuser.

It does look amazing in the flesh, pics don't do it justice.

I think the tips look much better than the standard slash cut. i just think it looks crap with a nice diffuser but no visible exhaust.

If I go gloss black with the diffuser I dont know what to do with the renault badges? gloss black, anthro, carbon or leave them as they are

Renault Sport 197
H&R springs give a real nice look on these, especially with some spacers...

Other than that, looks spot on mate, as Gally said above, Albi is an awesome colour :)

yeh i'd like rear spacers, would make the stance 100% better imo.
dont realy know where to look though, prob ebay for some £50 hubcentrics i think

Renault Sport 197
I think i'll leave my badges as they are, and do the diffuser gloss black.

What are peoples thoughts on the F1 stickers?
I got a set cheap (the rear was damaged, I just cut it down and removed the damaged part)

I only got them as they were so cheap, though it was worth sticking them on to see if i liked them, which I do. So i'll be leaving them on haha

c6c954d2.jpg

ea33e3aa.jpg

e127d972.jpg

500b5ca2.jpg

143b4dcc.jpg