ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise control on a RS 172 or a dCi (DIY)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Have you wired in the ECU side of the wires. It should work if you have but just not show on the display

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Dci or petrol? The dash definitely needs programming to work. Cruise doesn't go through uch so that's fine. My girlfriends ph3 dci needed the dash programming but the cruise worked before that.

I can send you my clip if you leave me a deposit

Yeah petrol :)

I've seen how to use it on some French forums as they are what I used to find all the pin diagrams to make the loom. Think I've got the instructions for when I helped AlexW out :) I'll PM you cheers.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Reviving from the dead but where did you find the wiring diagrams for it MWright?

i have a 2005 dci 100 and have the same problem, no wiring from 107(?) to the ecu. Did you buy the pins at Renault?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Reviving from the dead but where did you find the wiring diagrams for it MWright?

i have a 2005 dci 100 and have the same problem, no wiring from 107(?) to the ecu. Did you buy the pins at Renault?

ive done a guide for fitting with no pre-wiring

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Where mate? I do have all the wiring behind the dash, it's just the little loom from the scuttle to ecu that's missing. Typically renault :s

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Guides section. Pin for ECU is the same that goes into the uch. I've got some pins for the ECU and r107 if you need them

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
I'll have a look mate, thnx!

i live in The Netherlands so postage would probably kill me, lol

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Had a look and you did really well!

i'm missing one thing though, you do tell the pin numbers of r107 but not which one is what exactly.
would suck if the limiter switch would act as cc switch and vice versa :p

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Had a look and you did really well!

i'm missing one thing though, you do tell the pin numbers of r107 but not which one is what exactly.
would suck if the limiter switch would act as cc switch and vice versa :p

It certainly would! I'll get them for you when I have a moment. I'm sure postage wouldn't be much as it would only be a normal letter, not a parcel.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Hhhmmm just realised that's a clio 3....

this is the Clio 2 page, only problem is they bypass r107 so still no pinout

Last edited:
  R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
R107, ecu is known. The guide tells b8-11 and g5 but regarding b8-9 and 10-11 it doesn't tell exactly what pin is what

R107, ecu is known. The guide tells b8-11 and g5 but regarding b8-9 and 10-11 it doesn't tell exactly what pin is what

B8 -> channel 2 steering wheel buttons
B9 -> channel 1 steering wheel buttons
B10 -> pin B1 button 3 positions (CC/Limiter switch)
B11 -> pin A3 button 3 positions (CC/Limiter switch)
G5 -> Clutch sensor

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
A combination of my guide and mats info should yield. It doesn't matter which way round the cruise control signal wires go.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Yeah i know, i've written it down to make it clear to myself.

Now the only thing left are the pins, i've found some at a local wrecker but turns out they are different. They slide onto the same size pin but don't fit the connector block :S

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
B8 -> channel 2 steering wheel buttons
B9 -> channel 1 steering wheel buttons
B10 -> pin B1 button 3 positions (CC/Limiter switch)
B11 -> pin A3 button 3 positions (CC/Limiter switch)
G5 -> Clutch sensor

Do i need 5 pins and 5 sockets or just 10 sockets?

they are €0,51 each at renault so i think i'll just get them there

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Ordered the pins at Renault a few weeks back. They called me today with the happy news they've arrived. Upon further inspection i noticed it where just the males, turns out the females are on backorder

Clio II 1.5 dCi
Dear UrbanD,

I have a 2003 1.5 dCi Clio and all the various bits required including a full loom from a petrol RS 172 which I obtained so I could examine the connectors. I discovered that the RS 172 has a different steering control computer from the 1.5 dCi; the connector to steering computer is completely different.

My 1.5 dCi Dynamique has an electronic accelerator, a brake switch, and the mouting for the clutch switch. My dash is analogue, with the LED trip computer display window, and I can see the outline of the cruise control and limiter lights to the right of the odometer.

To try to shed light on the problem, I sourced an original sales brochure, to check out how the CC/Limiter feature was bundled. Cruise Control was part of the "Control Pack" which added BOTH Cruise Control/Limiter AND ESP. The optional extras section at the back of the brochure clearly states for both Cruise Control and ESP that they were available only as part of an options pack, and that they were available on petrol models only. I have therefore concluded that choosing the "Control Pack" option led to the fitting of an upgraded steering control computer on petrol models.

So if I am correct, on a Petrol Dynamique, it might be possible to retro-activate CC and ESP. But on a diesel, I suspect not.

Do you have any other information that would indicate that my conclusion is incorrect?

Regards
Richard

As many of you are wondering how to set up cruise control on your RS 172 or DCI, well here is my guide as requested here http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=521574

Parts needed (inc. part numbers)
8200084863 PVC casing (ESP, cruise control, light panels) 12,90 EUR
8200060038 Steering wheel cruise control switches - buttons 60,78 EUR
8200060039 Cruise control / limiter switch 34,81 EUR
7700431512 Clutch switch 21,60 EUR
7700430730 Clutch plastic housing for the switch2,77 EUR
7700430723 Clutch plastic spacer 1,95 EUR
7701051757 Wheel adapter with 4 cables (airbag, horn, cc) 130 EUR

PVC casing and button

1.jpg

Steering wheel buttons

3.jpg

Steering wheel adapter (has 4 cables instead of 3 like on most 172's)
It's quite expensive at Renault but I got mine on ebay for 60 quid.

2.png

If your Clio has this connector when you open the PVC casing (where ESP is) and in an RS you can immediately check if you have connectivity to the CPU (connect the A2-A3 --> see bottom scheme image) and when you connect A2-A3 and turn the ignition on for the SECOND time, the cruise control light should come up and the display should say SET ---)

konektor.jpg

Then you have the necessary installation to put in cruise control.

Putting Cruise control to a dCi (RS is basically the same)

1. unscrew all screws and take the airbag off and then the steering wheel (BE CAREFUL! be sure to disconnect the power in the engine)
2. once the wheel is off, pull the bottom plastic off under the wheel

dsc00058g.jpg

3. change the adapter with the new one
dsc00059z.jpg

4. connect everything and put it back on
5. cut the airbag on the sides for the cruise control switches/buttons or get yourself a 182's airbag that is cut by factory. I got mine from a friends 182 RB and It fits nicely. This picture however is from my friends DCI and he had to cut his airbag...

dsc00071s.jpg

6. put the airbag back on (you should hear a click)

dsc00077mf.jpg

Now we go to the clutch =)

clutch.jpg

1) plastic holder 2) switch 3) plastic spacer

Connect it to the mass and C4

schema.jpg

and It should work?! I hope I didn't forget anything...

In a DCI you then have to visit a Renault repairman to connect to the computer and activate the lights in the dashboard (as they will not work if your dci is 2004+) but If you have a RS 172 everything works right away.
As many of you are wondering how to set up cruise control on your RS 172 or DCI, well here is my guide as requested here http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=521574

Parts needed (inc. part numbers)
8200084863 PVC casing (ESP, cruise control, light panels) 12,90 EUR
8200060038 Steering wheel cruise control switches - buttons 60,78 EUR
8200060039 Cruise control / limiter switch 34,81 EUR
7700431512 Clutch switch 21,60 EUR
7700430730 Clutch plastic housing for the switch2,77 EUR
7700430723 Clutch plastic spacer 1,95 EUR
7701051757 Wheel adapter with 4 cables (airbag, horn, cc) 130 EUR

PVC casing and button

1.jpg

Steering wheel buttons

3.jpg

Steering wheel adapter (has 4 cables instead of 3 like on most 172's)
It's quite expensive at Renault but I got mine on ebay for 60 quid.

2.png

If your Clio has this connector when you open the PVC casing (where ESP is) and in an RS you can immediately check if you have connectivity to the CPU (connect the A2-A3 --> see bottom scheme image) and when you connect A2-A3 and turn the ignition on for the SECOND time, the cruise control light should come up and the display should say SET ---)

konektor.jpg

Then you have the necessary installation to put in cruise control.

Putting Cruise control to a dCi (RS is basically the same)

1. unscrew all screws and take the airbag off and then the steering wheel (BE CAREFUL! be sure to disconnect the power in the engine)
2. once the wheel is off, pull the bottom plastic off under the wheel

dsc00058g.jpg

3. change the adapter with the new one
dsc00059z.jpg

4. connect everything and put it back on
5. cut the airbag on the sides for the cruise control switches/buttons or get yourself a 182's airbag that is cut by factory. I got mine from a friends 182 RB and It fits nicely. This picture however is from my friends DCI and he had to cut his airbag...

dsc00071s.jpg

6. put the airbag back on (you should hear a click)

dsc00077mf.jpg

Now we go to the clutch =)

clutch.jpg

1) plastic holder 2) switch 3) plastic spacer

Connect it to the mass and C4

schema.jpg

and It should work?! I hope I didn't forget anything...

In a DCI you then have to visit a Renault repairman to connect to the computer and activate the lights in the dashboard (as they will not work if your dci is 2004+) but If you have a RS 172 everything works right away.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
good to hear you got the pins. You need CLIP to program the clocks.

To perform a configuration dashboard, follow the essential steps below:

1 - Make a multiplex network test and ensure compliance. If the multiplex network is not
compliant (see MR multiplexing). 2 -. Disconnect then reconnect the battery 3 - Connect the diagnostic tool. 4 - Make a "test computers." 5 - Select "Network MUX" and confirm. CAUTION: Do not turn the ignition as indicated and confirm. 6 - Exit the result of MUX network. 7 - Select "Case Interconnection." 8 - Select "Command Mode". 9 - Select "Setup". 10 - Select CF 719 "type dashboard." 11 - Follow the progress of the procedure. 12 - Turn the ignition switch as shown to validate configurations. 13 - Cut and then turn the ignition before the select command CF 719 "type dashboard" to check if the settings have been accepted. 14 - Ensuring the absence of default picture : Here, there is just the small print procedure on a piece of paper and move to a nice little for renault you do the procedure

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Ahh I forgot to add you don't do anything to the uch, just change the ECU and clock settings

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
^ ignore all of that. All PH2 172's have the correct wring in place. The below was fitted to a 2001 Y plate ph2.
New switch panel
774B4971-080F-4214-BFF1-9007981EFE40-1670-00000167148A6B5F.jpg

IMG_8336.jpg

Then a new steering wheel and squib fitted:
IMG_8334.jpg

IMG_8337.jpg

Which then enabled:
4768257A-422B-4B5A-891C-6DA01FB23F95-1670-000001671FA501E7.jpg

IMG_8335.jpg

Fit a clutch switch or, bridge the connection(I did this, I'm used to driving an auto with cruise, so don't cancel my cruise control with the clutch)
Cruise control. DONE.

Did all of that.... Worked like a charm... Including bridging the connection.

Took about 35mins

Use the speed limiter more than cruise tbh

Clio 2006
Hello All.
I'm really at my wits end after trying to locate the two wires that go from the steering wheel switches to the ECU. I have belled out the wiring harness and located the pins at the ecu plug in the engine bay and they do seem to correspond with what's posted here http://s1144.photobucket.com/user/aleksandar2810/media/meganII19dci.png.html but my plug is labelled differently.
My car (Australian Compliance) Clio Campus details are as follows:
Number of Gears 5, Badge Campus, Drive Front Wheel Drive, Series X65 Phase 3, FuelType Petrol - Premium ULP, Body Hatchback, Recommended RON Rating 95, No. Doors 5, Release Year 2006
Seat Capacity 5, VIN VF1BB130F306#####, Transmission Manual, Country of Origin FRANCE, Engine
Engine Type Piston, Compression ratio 10, Engine Location Front, Engine Code K4JC710, Engine Size (cc) (cc) 1390, Power 72kW @ 6000rpm, Engine Configuration In-line, Torque 127Nm @ 3750rpm, Cylinders 4, Power to Weight Ratio (W/kg) 71.7, Camshaft Double Overhead Cam, Acceleration 0-100km/h (s) 10.5, Valves/Ports per Cylinder 4

I have spent weeks on this and have bought the cruise control switches and mounted the in the correct location and it's all been plugged in. I've fitted momentary on switches next to the cruise control switch and built the harness with the resistors in it and all that is working correctly. All that's need is to connect them up to the correct two wires but nothing seems to look like the wires i've seen on all the pictures i can find on the internet about this.

Please, any help would be appreciated.

Clio 2006
OK. Thanks to the French Forum and many more hours of searching i have found this in case anybofy else needs it.
My car engine code is K4JC710 and this is the diagram i have been searching for a long time.
F4RK4JK4M.jpg
index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3785.png

Clio Mk2 1.4 16v
hi sorry for reviving the thread again but i cant seem to find any answer to this !!
can the cc be retrofired in an NON RS ph2 clio Mk2

i have the loom for the inside limiter cc switch and when i bridged some cables on the plug i got the SET --- on my dash
so if i got he steering wheel with the buttons and the steering wheel adaptor and the limiter/cc switch will the CC work ?
do i have to make a loom for the clutch pedal ?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
hi sorry for reviving the thread again but i cant seem to find any answer to this !!
can the cc be retrofired in an NON RS ph2 clio Mk2

i have the loom for the inside limiter cc switch and when i bridged some cables on the plug i got the SET --- on my dash
so if i got he steering wheel with the buttons and the steering wheel adaptor and the limiter/cc switch will the CC work ?
do i have to make a loom for the clutch pedal ?
yes cruise control can be fitted to certain non sports. It definitely works on diesels but I'm not sure about others.