ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS Areas day 21.9.14

CursedTitanium 182FF
If anyone who is attending has a Renault Clip, could they bring it with them, I would very much appreciate it. Need to find out why my ABS light is on and the Cruise Control & ESP aren't working.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Excellent....this is coming along nicely,if we are doing the evo triangle,better to do it on the return journey?...that way we can come out of Barmouth and head north,through harlech...then on through blaneau ffestiniog,pentrefolas....Just a suggestion as me and the mrs do this return run everytime we go to Barmouth.

182 Whipppp
Excellent....this is coming along nicely,if we are doing the evo triangle,better to do it on the return journey?...that way we can come out of Barmouth and head north,through harlech...then on through blaneau ffestiniog,pentrefolas....Just a suggestion as me and the mrs do this return run everytime we go to Barmouth.

Epic suggestion, I do the same too

CursedTitanium 182FF
I think depending on where you are coming from, the main meeting point is at Telford Services: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=52.677095,-2.399596&hl=en&num=1&t=h&z=18
If you are coming from N or NW of Telford, like me, I will be meeting the convoy at Dinky's Dinah: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=52.713528,-2.870938&hl=en&num=1&t=h&z=19
Depending on how busy Dinky's is, I may move to the Cross Gates Pub: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=52.713146,-2.876187&hl=en&num=1&t=h&z=19

I'm going to set up a public group on Glympse, so any latecomers can find our location. If we are following a lead car, might be worthwhile them setting one up also.
On the morning of the run I will update this thread with a link to the CS_Area_day_WM_ Barmouth_run Glympse.

Swift Sport
Surprised there isn't more interest in this considering it covers nearly all of the Midlands, and Welsh members can get involved too.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
One of the FB groups decided by 'coincidence' to arrange a meet on the same day as out national meet day. That's despite this being arranged for ages and the organisers all being members on here.

Doesn't matter though. Still an amazing turn out from you guys!

Yeah I did realise that a few days ago, @Loz H tut tut :p to be fair it was put to vote for 3 dates (weekend before, the same weekend, and weekend after), and it was down to most votes, so wasn't done in spite or anything :] I wanted the weekend after as I can't make either of these ^^

The problem with West Mids atm is it seems apart from Cov area, nobody is active (reps included).

Other areas are booming and this one is certainly declining!

Yeah I did realise that a few days ago, @Loz H tut tut :p to be fair it was put to vote for 3 dates (weekend before, the same weekend, and weekend after), and it was down to most votes, so wasn't done in spite or anything :] I wanted the weekend after as I can't make either of these ^^

The problem with West Mids atm is it seems apart from Cov area, nobody is active (reps included).

What are you tutting at!

Im still torn between the 2, but for valid reasons.

One one hand, I would love to have a hoon round wales & catch up with afew members (im more swayed to this meet before you call me a traitor ;) )

But on the other hand, I have a fair few good mates who will be attending the facebook event & a chance to meet new faces etc.

So for me its a hard decision :dapprove:

Are you coming to this Matt?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

Applications for new reps will be happening soon. Once they are in place this section will start to become a lot more active.

What are you tutting at!

Im still torn between the 2, but for valid reasons.

One one hand, I would love to have a hoon round wales & catch up with afew members (im more swayed to this meet before you call me a traitor ;) )

But on the other hand, I have a fair few good mates who will be attending the facebook event & a chance to meet new faces etc.

So for me its a hard decision :dapprove:

Are you coming to this Matt?

Can't make either - stag do :) tut was just a joke :D

Otherwise I'm not sure which I'd of gone to, probably this due to the driving rather than static meet :)

nobody is active (reps included).

Totally agree with that point Matt. I know a few reasons why a chunk of folk have become inactive but not willing to tell in here.
Myself included but s**t happens life moves on ,folk change cars and clubs.

I loved arranging the big RRday meets and santapod days etc. But you just get hassle which ime aint worth it.

Sorry for going off topic, it should be a good day sunday weather looks ok for a good run out tbf.

I can't make it though (no not at the other fb meet) you would have to dress me in full body armour before you get me anywhere near that shat hole lol

Can't make either - stag do :) tut was just a joke :D

Otherwise I'm not sure which I'd of gone to, probably this due to the driving rather than static meet :)

Fair enough, I'll let you off ;)

Yeah that's why I'm more swayed towards Wales. I'll fancy a good drive out after being car-less for a week! I miss it already..

Totally agree with that point Matt. I know a few reasons why a chunk of folk have become inactive but not willing to tell in here.
Myself included but s**t happens life moves on ,folk change cars and clubs.

I loved arranging the big RRday meets and santapod days etc. But you just get hassle which ime aint worth it.

Sorry for going off topic, it should be a good day sunday weather looks ok for a good run out tbf.

I can't make it though (no not at the other fb meet) you would have to dress me in full body armour before you get me anywhere near that shat hole lol

I know I'm only a 'recently active' member but the Santapod day & the Viezu day I did were a great laugh mate, very well put together. Hope to catch up with you soon now I've got the 182 now!

Fair enough, I'll let you off ;)

Yeah that's why I'm more swayed towards Wales. I'll fancy a good drive out after being car-less for a week! I miss it already..

I know I'm only a 'recently active' member but the Santapod day & the Viezu day I did were a great laugh mate, very well put together. Hope to catch up with you soon now I've got the 182 now!

Definatly Loz shall catch up at one meet or another at some point.

Thanks mate. The meets i have done have been great i have to agree there lol.

Swift Sport
Addicted MartinR Even when I joined in 2007 there was a bit of a grey cloud over the CS Midlands area. I've never been 100% sure why but I've always sensed a friction between members. Having said that I've enjoyed attending Mids and East Mids meets, and made some good friends along the way.

No friction my end nor any ive seen at any meets.

Everyone gets on which is why its such a good area imo

Swift Sport
I think it would be sensible to make sure all of us had a reasonable idea of where we're going as the possibility of us being split-up is quite high, and it won't be easy to regroup on the Welsh valley roads. At least it's a pretty straight forward route :)

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
I think it would be sensible to make sure all of us had a reasonable idea of where we're going as the possibility of us being split-up is quite high, and it won't be easy to regroup on the Welsh valley roads. At least it's a pretty straight forward route :)

Good idea...Welshpool is one of the towns where we could end up doing different routes through..Although saying that we still end up on the 458.

Swift Sport
Also, to save confusion I'd suggest/recommend that we park in the large seafront carpark. It's pay & display but everywhere is in Barmouth.

For anyone new to Barmouth, it's left at the T-junction after the railway crossing as you approach the beach.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Also, to save confusion I'd suggest/recommend that we park in the large seafront carpark. It's pay & display but everywhere is in Barmouth.

For anyone new to Barmouth, it's left at the T-junction after the railway crossing as you approach the beach.

Its actually left at the t-junction and under the railway crossing...past the Lobster Pot...and follow the road round...just to avoid more confusion...lol

Megane r26

I've only been the once in me old 172, missus said she had never been wales so we headed off out and ended up there!

Took just before we got into Barmouth

C90F5D25-1D03-45CA-8A34-6852FFEA9EC6_zpsck23fisu.jpg

Swift Sport
Its actually left at the t-junction and under the railway crossing...past the Lobster Pot...and follow the road round...just to avoid more confusion...lol

I was directing from the beach to try and keep it simple lol, but I know what you mean :)

If anyone's confused, read his directions to get to the beach then mine to find the carpark.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
And just to note the Police with ANPR Vans/or just hand held speed camera do sometimes show there presence...I know to 3 likely locations.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Yep. I am starting from Telford Services M54 j4 leaving there at 9:00 prompt. Stopping on A458 at the diner for around 9:20 to leave there at 9:30 prompt.

Who's coming (so we have an idea of numbers...)

CursedTitanium 182FF
I'm doing a OS/F hub and drive shaft change today, all being well, I'll be there. Will update later.

Swift Sport
Yep, unless something unexpected comes up I'll be there at the meeting point :)

Just need to decide which car to take lol.