ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS Areas day 21.9.14

This is going to be a ClioSport.net national event with a twist! :)

The CS area reps (that are still active) have come together with the idea that EVERY AREA will hold a meet on the same day at the end of the season.

The main aim for this is to allow the people that could not attend the larger events this year for whatever reason to attend and hopefully these events will be closer to 99% of member’s homes than the other large events. :)

The event photographs and write up will be added to a CS Areas Day 14 thread along with every other areas.

The date is set in stone...but the location or thing to do is up for discussion. I was thinking of a run out somewhere maybe?

The small print hasn't been confirmed yet but the date is 21.09.14 as all areas are meeting on the same day :)

Let me know what you fancy, and get your name onto the list.

1. Eddie.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
If it's a run out somewhere, i'd say North Wales.

1. Eddie.

2. JamesBryan

I don't know NW amazingly well, so we'd need some input on which roads etc.

My other reason for apprehension about a drive, is the chance of bellendery from people.

That said, I would like to go somewhere, just maybe not EVO triangle, is all I'm saying.

I'd try and figures something out with checkpoints and meets along the way. If we do a 3 hour drive, we'll all get separated very soon which would kind of defeat the object of the day.

Even a run up to Ponderosa, then maybe onto somewhere like Denbigh Castle?

Clio 172 ph1
Would love to bring my ph1 out to this but it will be sorn by then ready for A tidy up for next summer
gutted as it's only up the road to
never mind

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
1. Eddie.
2. JamesBryan
3. Jon.G
4. Joe,
5. Paul.M
6. nicorossi
7. EvoFq3o0
8. Knuckles

i should be game.

specially for another welsh run. I vote for the route we did when I first moved down. Looked similar(if not the same) as aucky posted. Brilliant day! 14mpg ftw

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
specially for another welsh run. I vote for the route we did when I first moved down. Looked similar(if not the same) as aucky posted. Brilliant day! 14mpg ftw

Best doing that in a small group tbh. IME overtakes get a bit dodgy when people don't want to be left behind and take any chance they can.

I'd rather do just a normal leisurely drive to a location.

Okay then lets make some progress on this then.

What are we feeling? A drive out?

We want something that can produce an opportunity for photos, be it on the road or just a static meet at the end of a run maybe?

Hit me with suggestions and lets get this nailed down.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Drive outs are a nightmare, you get some people in the middle of the pack who aren't very good behind the wheel and then the quicker members or locals overtaking them. It just becomes dangerous for ourselves and other road users.

I think what is needed is a location for the meet that's got somewhere to eat/sitdown and have a chat but that's also local to some decent driving roads. That way small groups can go out and if anyone gets lost, they come back to the location and meet up with everyone else. It also caters for anyone not wanting to go for a drive out.

North Wales is the obvious choice, somewhere like Ponderosa Cafe as you've already suggested would be good.

1. Eddie.
2. JamesBryan
3. Jon.G
4. Joe,
5. Paul.M
6. nicorossi
7. EvoFq3o0
8. Knuckles
9. Welshname

Last edited:
  MINI Cooper S JCW
1. Eddie.
2. JamesBryan
3. Jon.G
4. Joe,
5. Paul.M
6. nicorossi
7. EvoFq3o0
8. Knuckles
9. Welshname
10. john_172

Okay guys, we need confirmation of the plan so here goes:

Where?

Ponderosa Cafe.

http://www.ponderosacafe.co.uk/

LL20 8DR

When?

Sunday 21st September

Meet there at 12:00pm

What?

Weather dependent really, but for now we'll say a few drinks and a catch up for those who haven't seen eachother in a while, and a chance for anyone new to meet the various ugly mugs of the North West.

After that, potentially drive out somewhere, I'll try and scout out some nearby locations, possibly for some photos, or possibly just a local route that's a decent drive. For now that's pending. If anyone has any suggestions for local photoshoot locations, or short circular routes that can be done in small groups, then drop me a PM/Facebook me if you've got me/Text me if you've got my number and we can discuss it.

Who?

Doesn't need answering really, anyone and everyone is welcome. If this is going to be your first or 100th meet, it doesn't matter, get down and enjoy the day :)

So that should just about cover it. Anything that needs adding, let me know.

Cheers :)

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I should be able to pop up as well. It would be good to see everyone it's bin far to long!!