ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS_daves 1 dies to save another project

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
So now im knocking any breaking of clios on the head for a while i will start getting the 182 sorted as its now at home not at the work.

1st little touch that im well happy with some spray shack bullets much better than the std ones imo.

67d6faeb45ba1e6f76e37d56d6d10251.jpg

Ill try get a hairdryer on them sticky tabs this week and will be be giving it a clean at the weekend

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive spent alittle time on the 182 spent a hour with a hair dryer getting all them sticky taps off ended up with both thumbs blistered :-( replaced the strips with Velcro pads need some fresh plates now. Also fitted the b14 rear coilovers with powerflex purple rear shock mounts and give the arches a good clean. I then fitted the whiteline rarb for good measure as I've got it sitting there so may as well use it. Last thing to do was fit the stud and nut conversion so with some locktight they have been left 24 hours to set. Really liking the 182 even tho I can't drive it yet as I'm not insured until tomorrow then the turbo will be cleaned and sold.

I've put a order for a bms shifter can't wait for that to be ready I didn't take any pics of the work

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Looking good with the carbon bonnet Dave. Use Proplates if you're wanting some clean plates. They'll do 520x85 too if that's what you're wanting. Cheap as chips. https://proplates.co.uk/

You need to email them though.

Just dropped them a email thanks yeh I'm wanting a small front plate do you know what they cost for the pair as was going to use fancy plates that are pricey lol

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I contacted pretty much every company and proplates were the only ones to actually help out with making a smaller plate (besides fancyplates).
For the standard sized rear completely plain it's £9.99, then a smaller 520x85 front plate it's £10.99. Not sure on postage but I don't think it's much. Loooads cheaper than fancyplates. I dont work for them... haha.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
I contacted pretty much every company and proplates were the only ones to actually help out with making a smaller plate (besides fancyplates).
For the standard sized rear completely plain it's £9.99, then a smaller 520x85 front plate it's £10.99. Not sure on postage but I don't think it's much. Loooads cheaper than fancyplates. I dont work for them... haha.

Always nice to find other options thanks for that. Got a long list to get done but I've fallen for this 182 and now I'm not looking for any breakers my time can go into this

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well the 182 is now in the road :) insured it with keith michaels from the lad on facebook for a cheapo £375 all mods declared. Just taxed it so i can drive it now good stuff.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice steady progress Dave. Is the 182 going into daily duty or just for fun? How you getting on with the flocking too?
Its going to be my daily drive mate i just dont have the room to run a fun car (weekend car) so i have to have both in 1 lol. Ive weighed in the last breaker i plan on doing so ill be putting more focus into flocking as the breaking and selling/wrapping plus full time job has been leaving me short on time to do anything.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep

Ordered the plates mate £28 all in £9 saving over fancy plates cant moan cheers for the heads up

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Ordered the plates mate £28 all in £9 saving over fancy plates cant moan cheers for the heads up
Sweet. Did you go for all plain? They have obviously put their prices up just recently as I checked and I paid £21 posted. They're a decent bunch of lads to be honest and I can't complain about their service.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
I find Autoglym tar remover ok on just small normal tar / rubber spots but hopeless for anything else pal.

Can of brake cleaner has to be worth it for the price if it does work :up:

Just don't WD40 your brakes lol
Deffo as if its that easy will save me hours of picking n scratching it off. I just keep telling myself atleast they was free.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
As im needing to clear the unit at work i set about fitting the bms shifter and a evol dog bone mount safe to say it needed the dog bone.

4a4d91adb02de2be95e7614592a695e7.jpg
e7899f6511cc60a3966c98ffb4a2d63e.jpg

Nice n easy

The shifter is a pain with exhaust in situ but its in n working safe to say im well happy

a3e47c012e90b6196fe1c2c6d4820f3a.jpg

More to come :)

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
As im needing to clear the unit at work i set about fitting the bms shifter and a evol dog bone mount safe to say it needed the dog bone.

4a4d91adb02de2be95e7614592a695e7.jpg
e7899f6511cc60a3966c98ffb4a2d63e.jpg

Nice n easy

The shifter is a pain with exhaust in situ but its in n working safe to say im well happy

a3e47c012e90b6196fe1c2c6d4820f3a.jpg

More to come :)

Looking good Dave! How does the BMS shifter compare to the standard one? I really need to look into them as the amount of slack mine has when in gear is shite.

The plates alright too? The pads they provide are really decent too.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Looking good Dave! How does the BMS shifter compare to the standard one? I really need to look into them as the amount of slack mine has when in gear is shite.

The plates alright too? The pads they provide are really decent too.
Its much better than std mate imo not used in anger yet tho. I didnt get any pads bud ill be using velcro pads anyway one thing i noticed about them is they are very thick plastic if thats good or bad i dunno or care will do the job.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Cracked out the brake cleaner on the wheels to shift the plasti dip. Wolves fc on the radio and away i went 2 hours later its all off thank god will get a clean tomorrow.

66727509d19efc8b26ba65779260ef99.jpg

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
That depends if you want to see them through the wheels or not. If so feed or yellow, or something different like acid green! If you want them a bit more subtle I'd go for grey or arctic blue.
Think a grey or black will be what i go for tbh will get the brembo in blue will look cleaner i think