ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Flamer - Supercharged, Cage etc

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
20606823691_588a576886_z.jpg

Oli gave me a passenger ride in this today.... Its left a big impression :smile:

Good to catch up man. PB looked great :)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks @Christopher. good to catch up man and photos look great.

@MrBox - good to meet you guys as well. Yours was going well too!

Who got time in the passenger seat?

It went passenger less all day :)

Chris refused, in case it made him buy another track car 😂 and everyone else was driving theirs. @TimR26 didnt turn up...

I loved Goodwood, challenging circuit and very quick. Rewarding when you hit the lines but it takes some confidence as the lack of run off was always in my mind :(

53 Clio's & counting
Fully agree, even at the start this has been one of my favourite cars - I need a trip out with you at some point! Never got the chance at the last Llandow day - we need another!

53 Clio's & counting
I have an idea about Llandow - I will keep you posted @Cub. x

I should be able to pop over then! - keep me updated on dates etc dude! I know Combe like the back of my hand so if you need any pointers let me know x

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
@Cub. What a great read. I've glanced in a few times and admired it but today @NorthloopCup convinced me that a charger is better than a turbo. Any plans for Winter?

Cheers :smile: I feel sorry for you if you've had to wade through 40 pages of waffle.

Winter plans - need to sort the hub and stud / nut kit out. It sheared two of the studs clean from the hub last time it went out 😞

Other than that, full fluid service and I am sorely tempted to strip it to within an inch of its life and polycarb it up. But I'm not sure I can be bothered. 😂

Whilst a sc is more than a low boost tc, it personally has given me exactly the balance between power, usability and reliability that I was looking for.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers :smile: I feel sorry for you if you've had to wade through 40 pages of waffle.

Winter plans - need to sort the hub and stud : nut kit out. It sheared two for the studs clean from the hub last time it went out 😞

Other than that, full fluid service and I am sorely tempted to strip it to within an inch of its life and polycarb it up. But I'm not sure I can be bothered. 😂

Whilst a sc is more than a low boost tc, it personally has given me exactly the balance between power, usability and reliability that I was looking for.
You wanting another stud kit? I can get you a brand new pms stud and nut kit unused for sensible money.

Agree with the power, reliability and usability comment as well. Power delivery is linear, yet still aggressive. Oh and it sounds like Darth Vader! :cool:

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
You wanting another stud kit? I can get you a brand new pms stud and nut kit unused for sensible money.

Agree with the power, reliability and usability comment as well. Power delivery is linear, yet still aggressive. Oh and it sounds like Darth Vader! :cool:

I'm going to go for longer studs on the front I think bud. With all the things it's running, a bit more length will give me piece of mind.

Snigger.

Before you strip it wait till you have a go in mine! should be on the road before the new year hopefully!

59a306e03d9adca3ad40833b75dc75b8.jpg

and should have another seat in, otherwise you can see if you fit in the drivers seat haha.

Makes me nervous too.

What does one do to prevent this? Surely you can't be expected to change studs every year!

Have you spoken to PMS and told them their studs sheared off @Cub. ?

When my AC delete kit broke they sent me out another for free.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
In fairness to PMS @Martin. my stud kit was secondhand, so I have no idea how old it was. I also should have checked the studs as the car had been sat stationary for a while since goodwood and hadn't moved.

To prevent them snapping, I think checking them reasonably regularly etc may help. I'm getting some different ones next, which are designed slightly different to avoid this kind of thing. I'll post up when I've bought them.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Makes me nervous too.

What does one do to prevent this? Surely you can't be expected to change studs every year!

Have you spoken to PMS and told them their studs sheared off @Cub. ?

When my AC delete kit broke they sent me out another for free.
I'm sure these where a S/hand set of studs that you don't know the history of?

The way to help avoid it, buy a new stud kit and always torque them up to the correct setting's.

Ah OK fair enough then. As you say they could have been years old. Although you'd still not expect a wheel stud to sheer off.

My car sits around regularly so maybe I should start inspecting studs before each outing!

I've never really 'got' the whole stud thing tbh, unless you're rallying and need to do wheel changes in a proper hurry I really cant see any advantage and I've yet to see a wheel bolt fail

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I've never really 'got' the whole stud thing tbh, unless you're rallying and need to do wheel changes in a proper hurry I really cant see any advantage and I've yet to see a wheel bolt fail

Trust me, if you have three sets of wheels, and need to change those wheels 3 times on a track day because of the weather (it was Anglesey....), then you'll be much happier with studs.

I personally can't see any reason to NOT have studs over the standard bolts. Why wouldn't you?

No one wants to be faffing about holding a wheel onto a hub, trying to line the holes up and then putting bolts in.