ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Flamer - Supercharged, Cage etc

Apart from the cost, the fact that aftermarket ones appear to be 'lifed' components etc, no, but given that I've never been tempted personally.
Oldschool fiat pandas had a nice combination, one plain tapered stud to align the wheel and then bolts.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
So, finally got round to getting this off to the lads at J-tech to sort the snapped wheel studs out. 3rd time in its life on the old beaver tail. Not too bad given its French, old and the abuse it gets. :)

4da1b7d6e176de6659737855156fedb4.jpg

One of the snapped studs. Spoke to Nick at PMS who was great, my theory is I went over a drain at speed, it came loose and I didn't feel it till it went. In fairness I also didn't tighten them before I headed off, which I normally always do. They were old, they'd heat cycled hundreds of times. Long story short, my fault!

9d6c9c1e5a4ead90c30bfdeec7e5eb1e.jpg

7ee5ac582656969b4fb8311a81bbc529.jpg

So, other plans for when it gets back, I have an AFR gauge and a oil temp gauge I need to fit. I also have an EPAS kit. I suspect they won't be fitted before Baby Cub arrives in April. But I may have time to work on it in March.

Then a few track days to plan this summer again :)

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Cheers
Not got bored of that power yet then? That seems the norm as soon as you start upping power.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers
Not got bored of that power yet then? That seems the norm as soon as you start upping power.

Ha. I didn't up the power to chase the figures. Mine will stay exactly as it is bud.

It has the extra power needed on track to mix it with some fun stuff, especially on the straights which used to be frustrating, and at the moment it is reliable and fun. Plenty of work to do on it in terms of me as a driver and stripping it if I really wanted more speed. :smile:

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Fair play to you, I must say it does have a nice balance of track ability, reliability and usability at the moment.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Fair play to you, I must say it does have a nice balance of track ability, reliability and usability at the moment.

Thanks man, kind of you to say. That's what I was aiming for, a good track car, that works every time when I fire it up, and does the job on track in terms of the fun factor. Now that the initial capital outlay has been done cost wise, it's quite cheap to run on track tbh.

Off to pick it up in a bit as its all sorted :) The fact I'm excited about picking it up, tells me I'm not bored of it :)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
So....been a while since I updated this. Flamer came back from j-tech with new stud and nut kit all round. Excellent.

Then it got ignored. For too long it would seem as when @RMDavis and @Dan@SJM popped over to sort Rob's lovely 'charged trophy out it wouldn't start due to the battery. Poor neglected shedcar.

Sorted that. Sorted Rob's trophy map out, then I thought I'd take the car for a drive and give it a clean. Gratuitous whoring photos with potatocam;

84fe575d41fbd176956bdf827b453e38.jpg

84c70fd3e48dd48735aa752c0a6f2fda.jpg

fdaa5b86b631a4141a9e8501200e0424.jpg

e05077b148852cefbfc496025bd6f392.jpg

It then went back in the garage, and with mini-cub due in 6 weeks, I disconnected the battery as I suspect it may stay there for a few weeks.

Not much else to report sadly! I have an EPAS kit, but suspect I may sell it as I'm not sold on putting in tbh. Shall see.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Was great to finally meet you mate.

Lovely house, Lovely car, Lovely bloke!

Thanks for your help mate. The Trophy is now much happier, with your map! [emoji6] just need to meet up again with Dan for a second session on the rollers!

Looking forward to the next catch up, and very much up for a supercharged photo session!

Good to meet chap! Glad it is running better. :smile:

I'll let you know which meet I'm planning on attending for some photos! Hopefully @Christopher. can assist as he is pretty skilled with the old lens!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
That looks so mean on the willy wheels with (what looks like) 205 section rubber on them. Lovely stuff.

You should leave the flamer with me for the next 6 months as you won't have time for it and I definitely won't wrap it round a tree.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
That looks so mean on the willy wheels with (what looks like) 205 section rubber on them. Lovely stuff.

You should leave the flamer with me for the next 6 months as you won't have time for it and I definitely won't wrap it round a tree.

Cheers man, nice of you to say :smile:

Regarding the loan, you have a deal. If you transfer a £10k deposit, then you are welcome to have it for 6 months :wink:

Ps. Before anyone starts wailing, I know it's not worth £10k. That's just what I'd need from No-chin as collateral that I'd be happy with :wink:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
100% mate, I'll text you tomorrow rather than clog up your thread x

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It feels like a long time since I was sat in the passenger seat of this thing giggling like a girl.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Been a while since I've updated this, largely because it's been 3 months since I've touched it. Been more than a little pre-occupied with Baby Cub, and rightly so.

Had a couple of hours today, sun was shining so I thought I'd reconnect the battery and give it a blast.

It fired up first time, running sweet and smooth after it switched from the cold map. Have to confess, like a geek, I was quite excited about blowing the cobwebs out of it on some local roads.

This was short lived though, as I before I went I thought I'd check the MOT. Expired. A month ago. Balls.

I mowed the lawn instead.

So it moved. 5 yards. Maybe in 3 months time it will move again. Neglected flamer.

8ae76b24f3541888063d370cb4c87156.jpg

51f6ac13e85d2982cdbf83d6d3b178e0.jpg

7ff19aa6be0676f7339b54b60ddb4d35.jpg