ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

Thanks mate, appreciate the kind words. Yeah as mash said, I'm going to be running a pedal box. I think the main reason is so that I can get the seat wheel and pedals straight... I kid haha

Welding is so fun too, it's really therapeutic I've found and when I've had a spare hour or so I've just been practising my welds in the garage. Apparently the lights flicker when I'm down there so the electric bill should be a laugh.

Haha it's fairly involving as it's going to need a custom mount for the gearbox, Standalone ecu, fabricated driveshafts, then I'm running a pedal box so that will need custom brake lines.

Going to be taking from the meg

Brembos
Driveshafts
Engine
Gearbox
Gearstick and cables
Intercooler and pipework

Everything else will be up for sale if anyone needs anything
Custom dogbone tooo

Your thoughts on intercooler and pipework please?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Custom dogbone tooo

Your thoughts on intercooler and pipework please?

That's what I was referring to mate.
Gearbox mount you can just use a combo of clio and Megane I believe?

Yeah they're good things to have, keep everything cool and flowing in the right direction. Ho ho hooo

What do you mean?

That's what I was referring to mate.
Gearbox mount you can just use a combo of clio and Megane I believe?

Yeah they're good things to have, keep everything cool and flowing in the right direction. Ho ho hooo

What do you mean?
Well of your playing that game the dogbone doesnt touch the gearbox... ;)

As in so you are using the megane intercooler?!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
That was moi! Looks great with the lights in!

http://www.etbinstruments.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=106_108&product_id=171

Its been in my car for the last 5 years now haha! does the job though, its not as good as some of the real expensive units available, but works good enough for me.

Thanks for the replies! I didn't realise even the basic ones were that pricey :(

I wished there was a speed sensor on the gearbox on the meg

Seat Leon Cupra R
Sorry if I've missed it - I assume that the Clio has a sensor on the box as standard then? Can you intercept an ABS sensor signal to give you a wheel speed source and do some electrical trickery to get it into the format you need to use the Clio clocks and keep things OEM+? That or install a hall sensor/similar on the box, of course. Where does the Megane take it's speed signal from normally?

Seat Leon Cupra R
OEM- perhaps? :p

Surely the Meg speed sensor can't be that drastically different than the one in the Clio? That said, I'm such an infrequent CS visitor that I've not searched back through the rest of that chain of discussion so probably barking up the wrong tree!

Clio 182
I've been working on a PCB through work that can handle this kind of thing, do you have any information on how many pulses per km or if they're negative or positive?
If they're transmitted via CAN it's a doddle.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Is it possible to run the clio box? Would solve a lot of problems!

M135i, 197 turbo
You mentioned above running standalone ECU? are you not going to use the megane wiring the ECU, UCH etc like I've done?

Clio 182
If you've not spent out on a standalone yet, with the right hardware you can run your wheel speeds into the ECU and run motorsport traction control [wheel slip based with torque clamping, NOT the OEM style everyone hates]. You can also output vehicle speed via CAN bus or a pulsed signal.
Kills two birds with one stone and gets you a better performing product.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't updated this in early a month! I've been mega busy though with Christmas and all that stuff as I'm sure you'll be aware.

I bought a pedal box just before Christmas as a present to myself.

20161221_212657_zpsxho5wxx4.jpg

It comes with the master cylinders, reservoirs etc.

20161221_174845_zps2gsu61hm.jpg

Also treated myself to a decent rivet gun and I've got a riv nut gun on the way too.

20161231_200653_zpsiuj2mrwe.jpg

Above will be great for the p clips to hold the brake lines to the car.

Had an hour to spend on the car tonight so got it from this

20170101_165740_zpswyvmmdnv.jpg

To this

20170101_182723_zpskzqjqotc.jpg

I just need to disconnect the driveshafts and exhaust, mounts and it should come out.

The woman did good at Xmas too. Got all my favourite pics from the year and put them into a calendar for me.

Wales Road trip

20161225_101532_zpszmsdvhlv.jpg

Curby track day

20161225_101748_zpshhunng1z.jpg

20161225_101956_zpswcbcwvn9.jpg

What a girl!

Also made some exciting purchases during Xmas break.

Bought the Standalone ecu
Custom made driveshafts
Air inlet with cable throttle plate welded on

Not actually that much to go now I guess.

Apart from the clutch and dmf purchase, timing belt fitting and remap. Oh and intercooler and pipework.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Coming along nicely!!

Talk to me about the pedal box :laughing:
Is that one of the Clio direct fit ones? If so what's the quality like?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
If you've not spent out on a standalone yet, with the right hardware you can run your wheel speeds into the ECU and run motorsport traction control [wheel slip based with torque clamping, NOT the OEM style everyone hates]. You can also output vehicle speed via CAN bus or a pulsed signal.
Kills two birds with one stone and gets you a better performing product.

Cheers mate. Found out I can use the abs module with nothing connected to it for the speedo so will using that.

What ecu did you go for?

Gone for the me221 is it? The one that was released 6 months ago or so for the clio. It's a plug and play standalone.

Coming along nicely!!

Talk to me about the pedal box :laughing:
Is that one of the Clio direct fit ones? If so what's the quality like?

It's a universal one from demon Tweeks mate. Going to have to make it fit with some washers/standoffs. Should be too hard and a fun thing to fit and learn how to connect up.

Can't wait for warmer lighter evenings so I can so more in an evening.

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Good to see you're progressing! I've just brought the engine from Matthews megane conversion so will be doing the same over the coming months!

RB Clio 182
You thinking about changing the pistons and rods mate? Or keeping it standard?

If you have the tools and ability to do it pistons and rods, i will pay you good money to do mine, and fit me a fuel pump and injectors :wink:

Im going forge, i want more powwwerrr!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
awesome work dan

That's a result, nice work!

Thanks guys! It's happening thick and fast now. Hoping to be done by the end of April.

It's just all the little niggly bits that I know is going to add time and money but it'll be worth it.
You thinking about changing the pistons and rods mate? Or keeping it standard?

If you have the tools and ability to do it pistons and rods, i will pay you good money to do mine, and fit me a fuel pump and injectors :wink:

Im going forge, i want more powwwerrr!

I'll be keeping it standard for now. Then an lsd before any power upgrades after the map.

I thought you already had piston and rod work done? Could have sworrrrrn it was you unless I was getting mistaken?

I wouldnt be confident enough to do it. Plus don't have the tools. Why not get Andy to do it? :p

RB Clio 182
Thanks guys! It's happening thick and fast now. Hoping to be done by the end of April.

It's just all the little niggly bits that I know is going to add time and money but it'll be worth it.

I'll be keeping it standard for now. Then an lsd before any power upgrades after the map.

I thought you already had piston and rod work done? Could have sworrrrrn it was you unless I was getting mistaken?

I wouldnt be confident enough to do it. Plus don't have the tools. Why not get Andy to do it? :tongueout:
I have the meg ones but im wanting more power and the meg internals are pretty much maxed at 280hp

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Hey man, I will put my name on your old pistons and rods if you do upgrade, but I recon you won't be wanting any more than that meggy lump can produce with a good map! [emoji1305][emoji1305]